Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Account Manager Business Travel Job Description
To provide clients with consultancy on all aspects of their business travel and total travel expenditure. The Account Manager is the owner of the client relationships and must work with all departments to ensure that the best possible service, best value, is innovative and achieves the clients short term and long term objectives.
• Beginning of calendar year, or commencement of new client contract review the coming year, analysing their requirements, agree how to work with them, the purpose and frequency of meetings, and arrange meetings with senior management, travel bookers, travel manager etc.
• Offer Leadership and guidance on the development of a travel policy
• Establish and advise corporates where deals are available and negotiate with suppliers.
• Present performance reviews to measure agency performance and evaluate the success of the travel management programme
• On a regular basis monitor performance of airline, hotel, car hire etc deals, and on a quarterly basis report on findings.
• Develop Strategy and assist in all supplier negotiation and communication of supplier programmes
• Monitor adherence to Policy
• Ensure all contractual obligations are met
• Ensure timely delivery of agreed MIS.
• Arrange client liaison on all levels
• Work closely with clients to closely define policies and procedures to identify travel needs (working to cut the cost of their travel)
• Ongoing keep clients informed of our own and industry developments and information that is relevant to them.
• Ensure communications with clients are managed and clients are informed of actions to meet requests and expectations. Issues or complaints are to be kept on a high priority.
• For agreed quarterly account management meetings prepare information and management data and present to client.
• Ensure MIS summary and feedback reports are sent to clients who do not warrant frequent meetings due to turnover, and oversee periodic visit by member of staff.
• Arrange as required on weekly / monthly / quarterly basis newsletters, Training, educationals, staff visits, travel roadshows etc
• Provide feedback to managers for improvement in travel services to fulfil client needs.
Skills Required Skills Required for the role:
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the business and with clients at all levels
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem solving skills
• Technical skills:
- Microsoft Office (Word, excel, Powerpoint)
- All online technology
- Credit Card Solutions
- Rail Solutions
- Hotel Solutions
- Any other emerging technologies specific to the role
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commercial understanding and experience in the Travel sector, including reservations and pricing systems
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
• Ensure that company and traveller profiles are reviewed and kept up to date.
• Schedule Surveys, Focus Groups and other techniques for measurement of customer satisfaction.
• Ensure clients are fully aware of all services provided by the company, including Holiday Club
• Review in conjunction with client’s profile and culture, usage of online booking tools
• Research and proactively approach subsidiaries, parent companies etc of existing clients to secure additional business
• Co-ordinate the efforts of all senior management within the company to ensure proper resources are being allocated to effectively manage each account.
• To ensure all costs relating to management fee and transaction fee clients are understood on all levels
• To ensure all costs are explained to management fee clients and copy provided
• To assist accounts department with queries of travel costs
• To ensure that all rechargeable costs are applied
• To ensure monthly MIS reports are thoroughly checked on all levels, are accurate and are delivered to client on time
• To provide as hoc reports and analysis as determined by clients or management of company
• To be available as required by clients or senior management of company and attendance at meetings as required
• Provide weekly report on activities
• Provide monthly report on achievement towards goals and targets