Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Accounting Administrator Job Description
To plan, organize, direct and supervise staff responsible for a wide variety of accounting operations within the Finance Department; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
1. Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for various accounting services and financial systems; implement policies and
2. Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in a wide variety of accounting functions, including accounts payable, grant compliance, cash and asset
management, payroll, and financial related reports.
3. Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
4. Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and control expenditures.
5. Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with
employees to correct deficiencies; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures.
6. Review and verify proper coding of all general ledger transactions; coordinate cash needs
with collection, payments and debt services; prepare weekly, monthly, and year-end journal
7. Review, reconcile and audit District accounts; coordinate and participate in related financial
8. Prepare, review, explain and verify various District financial statements, analytical and
statistical reports, cash management and investment reports, and other accounting related
reports; prepare bi-monthly, quarterly, and annual Board reports.
9. Administer and review District-wide contracts; develop procedures to establish reporting
schedule for subcontractors and grantors; interpret bond ordinances, covenants and other
contract agreements to comply with accounting requirements.
10. Research, analyze and supervise the implementation and testing of new technology in the
accounting area including designing data input control procedures and data processing
11. Research, interpret, and explain pertinent local, State, and Federal laws and regulations
related to accounting and financial reporting.
12. Audit inventory of Purchasing Department; review and provide recommendation on the
inventory record system.
13. Administer projects, project classification, quarterly project closing, and year end project
14. Administer and reconcile funds and inter-fund transfers; administer fixed assets for funds;
complete year end fixed asset calculations.
15. Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and
recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
16. Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other District employees
and the public using principles of good customer service.
17. Perform related duties as assigned.
Principles and practices of accounting, including auditing, and financial record keeping and reporting.
Principles and procedures of contract administration.
Principles and practices of cash management and investments.
Principles and practices of effective customer service.
Modern office equipment including use of applicable computer applications.
Principles and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluations.
Principles and practices of budget monitoring.
Principles and practices of safety management.
Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
Organize, implement and direct staff involved in a variety of accounting operations/activities.
Interpret and explain pertinent Federal, State, local rules and regulations, and department policies
Prepare, interpret and explain a variety of statistical and financial reports.
Assist in the development and monitoring of an assigned program budget.
Operate and use modern office equipment including a computer and applicable software.
Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Supervise, train, motivate, coach and evaluate assigned staff.
Report any safety risks or hazards to management personnel.
Report to management personnel any work assignment that you feel would require you to
perform the work in an unsafe manner.
Responsibility to ensure that all personnel under your supervision are:
Obeying and promoting safe work practices.
Properly trained in safe work practices and procedures.
Utilizing proper protective equipment.
Operating equipment properly.
Acknowledging the use of safeguards by other employees.
Reporting any removal, displacement, damage, destruction, or tampering of safety devices,
safeguards, notices or warnings.
Following OSHA regulations. (OSHA requires that those in supervisory positions ensure
subordinate personnel adhere to the appropriate safety procedures in performing all duties