Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Accounting and Budget Coordinator Job description
The Accounting and Budget Coordinator manages financial affairs including the administration of funds, accounting systems and reporting procedures. The Accounting and Budget Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all budget development and reporting processes meet both OSPI account procedures and the State audit requirements; and guarantees the timely documentation of financial information and processing of District/State required reports.
• Under the Direction of the Executive Director of Business & Operations, prepares and participates in the
development of the annual school district budget, with the responsibility for submitting the approved
budget by electronic format.
• Administers the daily control of all budget expenditures based on the approved budget and approved
transfers of funds.
• Prepares reports for administrators concerning the status of their budgetary accounts to guard against
Education and Experience
• AA degree with major in accounting or related field is required. Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting
or related field and/or professional certifications in the field of accounting preferred (CPA, WSBO).
Experience in equivalent position may be substituted for education.
• Minimum of five (5) years accounting experience in a governmental or school organization.
• Minimum of two (2) years of successful supervision of others or experience in training groups in accounting
• Experience with integrated computerized accounting systems, databases and spreadsheets.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of general and GASB accounting principles and auditing standards and practices.
• Knowledge of the rules, regulations, procedures and laws governing school district accounting.
• Skill in participatory and collaborative planning, decision making, problem solving, delegation and active
• Skill in computer operation and in the use of various software applications, especially Excel spreadsheets.
• Ability to model customer service in all aspects of position.
• Ability to detect and correct mathematical and accounting errors.
• Ability to prepare and audit financial reports and status reports.
• Ability to organize and direct the work of others.
• Ability to work with confidential data.
• Ability to work independently, accept responsibility, make decisions and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make effective decisions in Executive Director’s absence.
• Ability to communicate through effective written and verbal communications skills.
• Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality in reporting to work are expected.
• Prepares annual financial statement (F-196), specialized annual reports, and notes to financial statements.
• Reviews and balances monthly financial statements for all funds.
• Prepares, reviews for accuracy, approves, enters and posts adjusting journal entries and reclassification
entries prepared by department staff and other district staff prior to entry into the WISE system.
• Maintains the chart of accounts.
• Provides in-depth training on school district accounting and cash handling procedures for new office
managers and financial coordinators.
Conducts regular site visits, one-on-one training, and follow up training regarding purchasing, accounts
payable, cash handling, procedures and policies.
• Provides assistance, guidance and training to staff relating to ASB activities and financial
• Provides training and support on the district’s point of sale system.
• Develops and coordinates the implementation of new and/or revised accounting procedures; assists in the
analysis and design of alternative financial systems and their interaction with State and governmental
agencies and outside financial institutions.
• Analyzes financial trends within the District to ensure proper fiscal management practices are in place.
• Maintains, reviews and monitors budgets, purchase orders, petty case, invoices, vendor payments and/or a variety of financial reports.
• Interprets codes, rules, regulations and/or instructions for financial reporting.
• Acts as a liaison between the District and the State Auditing Team.
• Oversees the collection, safekeeping, distribution, and investment of all funds, striving for the best possible returns on investments.
• Invests and tracks school investments with the County Treasurer’s Office.
• Maintains financial records for district wide construction projects and prepares monthly capital project
cash flow analysis.
• Provides professional development related to areas associated with responsibilities.
• Keeps the district informed regarding all federal and state educational statutes, regulations and
requirements, associated with his/her responsibilities, and disseminates such information to appropriate individuals.
• Assists administrators in interpreting and using available budgetary information.
• Assists other office personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of
their work activities, which may include attending meetings.
• Provides assistance with State laws
• Prepares monthly student enrollment reports and submits to OSPI for funding.
• Supports District and Board policies and adheres to state laws.
• Performs and directs job related proficiency with the highest ethical integrity.
• Performs and directs with an overall nature that is committed to the goals and visions of the District.