Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Accounting Supervisor job description
The Accounting Supervisor supports in the coordination of the company’s general accounting activities to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of financial information. The Accounting Supervisor will provide analytical and technical accounting support to the Finance organization. This individual will work closely with various departments.
Support of the monthly close, with primary responsibility for intercompany balancing and reporting and joint venture accounting
· Provide strategic financial/accounting support to assist the Controller with the Finance group
· Provide audit support for internal and external audit requests
· Prepare/review supplemental and other supporting documentation to meet reporting deadlines
· Perform financial benchmarking, including executive reporting of key performance indicators
Analyze and trend variances in the financial results; including heavy involvement in reviewing and resolving financial issues on a daily basis
· Develop and mentor supervised staff.
· Work with all necessary parties in the preparation of management reporting and presentations
· Assist with ensuring that financial statements and reports accurately reflect the financial position of the division
· Perform various special projects and analysis as requested by management
· Bachelors Degree, Accounting / Finance and a minimum of 8-12 years of Finance/Accounting experience in a dynamic/changing organization.
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles (thorough understanding of G/L account reconciliation and other accounting processes).
· Strong initiative and follow-up.
· High level of computer literacy is required with particular emphasis on Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
· Experience in BST and Hyperion Financial Management is highly desired.
· Past experience in a professional service organization (e.g., engineering and consulting) is preferred but not required.
· CPA or CPA candidate is preferred but not required
· Experience with IFRS is preferred but not required
· Previous supervisory experience is preferred but not required
An experienced self starter with appropriate industry experience. An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image. An individual with sound technical skills, and good judgment, with a strong operational and process improvement focus. An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills. A good educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor. The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
Team player who is able to implement controls and procedures in a fast paced environment. Must be able to communicate effectively and be comfortable explaining accounting concepts to people with non-financial backgrounds.
An individual who can think outside the box, roll up their sleeves and actively engage in the work that needs to be done; can multi-task and take direction from all levels of staff.