Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Accounting Technician Job description
Performs basic clerical accounting duties for accounts payable and receivable and payroll functions; reviews and enters data, processes transactions, and provides customer service
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• County policies and procedures.
• Accounting and bookkeeping principles and methods.
• Applicable policies, procedures and regulations covering specific areas of assignment.
• Principles of record keeping and records management.
• Business and personal computers, and spreadsheet software applications.
• Maintaining accurate accounting records.
• Performing mathematical calculations with skill and accuracy.
• Entering numerical data into a computer system with speed and accuracy.
• Operating a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers.
• Following verbal and written instructions.
• Processes basic accounting and bookkeeping transactions in compliance with all applicable rules, regulations and procedures; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Posts transactions and computer accounting entries; performs basic clerical accounting activities, including accounts payable, revenue, accounts receivable, and payroll; reviews and validates data.
• Reviews source documents for compliance to rules and regulations; determines proper handling of accounting and technical transactions within designated limits; reports discrepancies.
• Checks documents for validity and accuracy of information; performs mathematical calculations; records, files and distributes related paperwork and documents.
• Maintains accounting and bookkeeping records and associated filing systems; enters data into computer systems; codes documents, processes transactions, and updates accounts.
• Maintains additional accounting and technical transaction databases as directed; may process cash receipts, daily cash reports, and bank deposits
• Monitors ledger accounts, assuring that files are complete and accounts are current.
• Responds to requests for information; provides basic information within scope of authority.
• Updates, corrects, retrieves and releases information according to procedures.
• Cross trains in a wide variety of clerical accounting duties.