Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Accounts Manager Job Description
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting functions. The AM is expected to take initiative in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures towards accurately reporting and forecasting the financial health of the company.
1. Maintain accurate records in order to reflect the financial condition of the corporation’s cash management and reconciliations. Provide all financial reporting to management including Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss statements.
2. Negotiate and manage employee Healthcare Insurance annually. Set up and manage employee FSA accounts for each year. Process new hire employees with New Hire Checklist forms. Keep current employee records including W-4 forms.
3. Verify and pay Accounts Payable monthly accounts including purchased services through third party vendors.
4. Create monthly commission reports for all sales and pay sales staff accordingly.
5. Manage employee expense reports, including verification of expenses and reimbursement.
6. Process employee payroll twice monthly, including payroll taxes. Maintain accurate employee payroll records.
7. Process monthly recurring customer charges and payments as received. Contact customers for past due payments; update Purchase Orders and respond to customer requests and questions.
8. Provide Certificate of Insurance as needed by customers and EIN number W-9 forms as requested.
9. File a Corporate Annual Report along with annual corporate minutes provided by the attorney.
10. Work with management in creating annual budget and tracking expenses monthly.
11. Prepare and process quarterly reports for state and federal taxes (currently employees reside within six different states).
12. Prepare Year-End W-2’s for each employee and process 1099’s for appropriate vendors.
13. Work closely with customer service billing specialist on monthly invoicing of customer accounts and general customer billing issues, NENA annual renewal fees, and implementation of new customer accounts into QuickBooks.
BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Management with an emphasis in Accounting.
Technical Skills and Prior Experience:
Three or more years prior experience in accounting/financial reporting areas.
Must be PC proficient and have good experience with both Microsoft Word and Excel.
Prior experience with QuickBooks Plus Online.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills are required.
Ability to use discretion and to keep sensitive financial or human resources related information confidential.
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
Full-time salaried position with benefits.
Regular in-office hours required with some flexibility for telecommuting.
Salary dependent upon experience and available upon request