Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Administrative Assistant Job Duties
The postholder is required to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Executive Department. To ensure a wide range of documents are produced efficiently to a corporate standard and provide support in an effective and professional manner.
• Maintain the Department’s stationary stocks
• Produce work within set targets and deadlines
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
• Receiving visitors to the Chief Executive’s Office
• Assist in administering the Council’s purchasing and processing of invoices for payment in accordance with the Council’s procedures and processes
• Liaise with other members of staff both within and outside the team
• Work as a member of a team, sharing knowledge and skills
• Provide any other general support to the Department as required in order to facilitate the efficient running of the team.
• Provide administrative support to the Leader, The Executive and other Members to include:
i. Dealing with enquiries, correspondence, administrative and typing
ii. Maintaining confidential filing systems
iii. liaising regarding meeting arrangements
iv. Management of diaries
• Prepare documents to a high corporate standard – including reports, letters, memos, minutes, agendas and other confidential documents (such as external bids, priority delivery plans, self assessments etc.)
• Co-ordinating the distribution of agendas and supporting papers for meetings as appropriate and within a timely manner
• Deal with enquiries, taking messages and completing tasks as appropriate from outside bodies, Elected Members, general public and colleagues via telephone, post, fax or in person
• Maintaining and develop the Department’s filing and indexing systems both electronic and manual
• Arranging meetings and civic events, co-ordinating arrangements (such as room bookings, organising refreshments, IT equipment, travel, accommodation etc.)
• Maintaining diaries both electronic and paper (including the Chairman of the Council)
• Liaising with the Chairman/Vice Chairman regarding details of requirements and engagements, assisting in such other duties as necessary to ensure the successful undertaking of his/her civic duties (i.e. Weekly diary sheets, acknowledgement/acceptance or decline of invitations etc.)
The postholder will be expected to have relevant administrative knowledge and word processing/computer skills.
Excellent communication skills and confident in the use of the telephone, IT software pages- ideally, Word and Excel.
Training will be available to enhanced existing knowledge or skills to meet the requirements of the post.