Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Application Developer free job description
Responsible for the complete analysis, design, implementation, documentation, training, and ongoing support of multiple departmental software applications, including replacements to existing applications, as well as new applications. These applications may include custom designed and developed applications, or installed commercial applications.
• Develops an understanding of existing departmental processes and software applications.
• Consults with users to gain an understanding of desired functionality to define system requirements.
• Makes recommendations for additional system enhancements, modifications, and functionality.
• Analyzes current and new programming languages, hardware and software, to identify possible system
• Develops work plan and time schedules for computing projects including outlining phases and
hardware/software requirements. Monitors progress and changes schedule and plan as needed.
• Writes new and/or modify existing program code and/or job control languages.
• Documents program code, job processes and program modifications.
• Documents system procedures and guidelines for users.
• Develops training manuals and programs, and provides training to users.
• Responds to applications system problems and makes necessary corrections and/or modifications to
• Creates smaller ad-hoc software solutions/support as requested.
• Coordinates the activities of assigned staff and prioritizes multiple projects.
• Participates, advises, and makes recommendations regarding the selection and procurement of future departmental hardware and software needs.
• Assists with support of current departmental software applications
• Assists with troubleshooting of departmental hardware/software problems
• Demonstrates respect for all members of the community in the course of performing one’s duties and in response to administrators, supervisors, coworkers, and customers; constructively brings forward workplace concerns to coworkers and/or supervisor.
• Welcomes the richness of talent from a diverse workforce and recognizes that diversity brings stimulation,
challenge, and energy that contribute to a productive and effective workplace.
• Represents the interests of the organisation and of unit leadership in the use of resources to meet service
and productivity demands within unit goals and budgets; strives to promote continual process and quality
• Seeks opportunities to enhance one’s own knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to one’s current
position and/or to prepare for potential future roles and overall career development.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field is required
or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree is preferred.
• Five to seven years full-time experience in applications development or a related field.
• In-depth expertise and direct experience with modern application architectures, program development,
methodologies and tools.
• Experience developing large and complex object-oriented, Java-based web applications
• Expert level knowledge and experience in application integration with enterprise-level applications
• In-depth expertise and direct experience with database design, implementation, maintenance, security
and performance tuning using Oracle and MS SQL databases.
• Experience developing web-based applications and interfaces for college/university housing systems
• Experience working with and securing sensitive data related to higher educational institutions
• Demonstrated ability to elicit and compile user needs and create functional and technical specifications
for complex integrated systems to fulfill those needs.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to present technical concepts to
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong customer service/customer relations skills.
• Expertise and experience managing complex IT projects.
• Knowledge or familiarity with specific databases and software applications used by the department.
• In-depth understanding of multi-platform and inter-system relationships.
• Knowledge and experience with systems.