Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
To be responsible for the Support & administration of applications and services used for the production, management & delivery of content and services online.
• Providing capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of designated system(s) Identifying trends or problems (as defined under ITIL).
• Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by the system
• To maintain production environments relating to online services. This will include development, stage and production systems.
• To ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience, and performance
• To ensure continuity of the business processes supported by one or many applications / services
• Ensuring continuity and quality by owning the resolution of issues across platforms. Tracking progress and escalating as appropriate unless resolution reached
• To ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
• Reviewing and ensuring complete and appropriate handover of documentation prior to operational acceptance of new or changed applications
• To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance to the company and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed.
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
• To undertake advanced administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
• To support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
• To participate in the on-call support to the 24/7 team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Experience of building and maintaining applications in a multiplatform environment (Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux environments).
• Good understanding of security issues surrounding applications
• Experience of monitoring of service thresholds
• Experience of managing third parties
• Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience in an producing and publishing web based content
• Demonstrable knowledge of three or more of the following:
o Knowledge of building highly scalable systems
o Knowledge of automated deployment
o Knowledge of source control and release management tools
o Experience of monitoring tools and/or transaction monitoring
o Experience of virtualisation of applications particularly using VW-Ware
o Experience of multiple database environments
o Experience in programming languages / scripting e.g. Unix shell or Perl
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in a support or customer facing role.
• Previous experience of ITIL methodologies
• Ideally be able to demonstrate knowledge in two or more of the following:
o Use of Open source products to help maintain systems.
o Web server (ideally Apache) configuration and management.
o Knowledge of application servers such as JBOSS.
o Knowledge of capacity management
o Experience of database connectivity
o Experience of large scale file replication or messaging systems
Application Support Specialist Job Description
• To ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components. This includes applications, web server components and databases.
• To ensure application and service processes and outputs are error free and complete.
• Identifying faults and issues and recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate
• Ensuring appropriate contingency procedures are in place for applications and that they are regularly tested.
• Managing change control implications for designated systems
• Contributing to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability