Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
What strange things do people put on application forms? How do you tell someone that they smell? What funny things happen to HR Managers? What happens with personal relationships in the office? What sorts of thefts, fiddles and criminals did you come across? What strange disciplinaries have you dealt with? Does work and personal life ever collide?
To be responsible for the Support & administration of applications and services used for the production, management & delivery of content and services online.
• Providing capacity planning, monitoring, and maintenance of designated system(s) Identifying trends or problems (as defined under ITIL).
• Understanding, in depth, the business processes supported by the system
• To maintain production environments relating to online services. This will include development, stage and production systems.
• To ensure that applications are maintained in a manner that supports delivery of services to multiple platforms, resilience, and performance
• To ensure continuity of the business processes supported by one or many applications / services
• Ensuring continuity and quality by owning the resolution of issues across platforms. Tracking progress and escalating as appropriate unless resolution reached
• To ensure that applications and related services are documented and kept current.
• Reviewing and ensuring complete and appropriate handover of documentation prior to operational acceptance of new or changed applications
• To keep abreast of technical developments of operational importance to the company and to participate in developing or setting standards as directed.
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
• To undertake advanced administration tasks as required e.g. to support problem resolution.
• To support the development teams and the 24/7 group in deploying applications and solving problems.
• To participate in the on-call support to the 24/7 team
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Experience of building and maintaining applications in a multiplatform environment (Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux environments).
• Good understanding of security issues surrounding applications
• Experience of monitoring of service thresholds
• Experience of managing third parties
• Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams with a focus on delivery in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience in an producing and publishing web based content
• Demonstrable knowledge of three or more of the following:
o Knowledge of building highly scalable systems
o Knowledge of automated deployment
o Knowledge of source control and release management tools
o Experience of monitoring tools and/or transaction monitoring
o Experience of virtualisation of applications particularly using VW-Ware
o Experience of multiple database environments
o Experience in programming languages / scripting e.g. Unix shell or Perl
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in a support or customer facing role.
• Previous experience of ITIL methodologies
• Ideally be able to demonstrate knowledge in two or more of the following:
o Use of Open source products to help maintain systems.
o Web server (ideally Apache) configuration and management.
o Knowledge of application servers such as JBOSS.
o Knowledge of capacity management
o Experience of database connectivity
o Experience of large scale file replication or messaging systems
Free job description Application Support Specialist
• To ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications for administration, deployment and monitoring over a range of platforms that largely comprises industry standard components. This includes applications, web server components and databases.
• To ensure application and service processes and outputs are error free and complete.
• Identifying faults and issues and recommending appropriate paths to resolution, and fixing as appropriate
• Ensuring appropriate contingency procedures are in place for applications and that they are regularly tested.
• Managing change control implications for designated systems
• Contributing to process development and best practice. Looking at new ways to improve resilience, performance levels and supportability