Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Area Sales Manager job description -Real Estate
To establish and manage a motivated Sales team that is capable of achieving the Company’s objectives through support, control, development and training whilst at all times ensuring the team enhance our reputation and brand image to prospective and existing customers and deliver high standards of customer service. The job holder will also deputise as appropriate for the Head of Sales.
• Five or more years of successful experience in engineered/technology product sales. Experience in the
sale of construction products is a plus.
• Possess a strong knowledge of various distribution channels.
• A willingness to be “hands on” during the bidding process of major projects.
• Develop and implement sales strategies for profitable growth.
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Confident, flexible, "down-to-earth" leadership style with the ability to interact with all levels of
customers, personnel, and management.
Other Key Skill Requirements
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to build and deliver presentations throughout all levels
of the organization.
• Ability to manage high level relationships at our key accounts.
• Computer proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Outstanding time management/organizational skills.
The job holder will deputise as required for the Head of Sales, eg attending meetings and dealing with any staff issues (in close liaison with Human Resources).
• Assist the Head of Sales in creating Marketing strategies appropriate to each site and monitor the effectiveness of advertising expenditure in relation to maximising sales revenue.
• Organise all site set ups including signage and ensure sales offices open to timescale and budget.
• To provide accurate market research reports for Land Appraisals.
• Attend launches and promotional events for own developments and others as required.
2. Commencement of Development.
• To manage the staffing of each development to optimum levels at all times.
• To ensure that each development meets the company’s reservations, exchanges and completion targets in line with monthly, quarterly, half year and yearly targets and budgets.
• Use best endeavours to ensure that sales prices exceed forecast prices.
• To be aware of competitors sites, product and promotions ensuring that accurate information is reported at marketing meetings.
• Prepare and provide meaningful marketing reports to be submitted to Head of Sales.
• Attend and actively contribute to all marketing and other meetings as required.
• Ensure the company has excellent site, showhome, marketing suite and people presentation.
• Ensure each site has an effective Mortgage Advisor and estate agency network agreed with the Head of Sales.
• Ensure that each site has up to date sales literature and material and complies with the Property Misdescriptions Act.
• Make recommendations to ensure each site generates sufficient quality visitors to meet reservation targets.
• Ensure that the reporting of weekly sales figures are accurate and weekly reports are distributed to meet deadlines set.
• Ensure sales invoices applicable to site sales correspond to purchase orders and initially approve, prior to final sign off by Head of Sales.
• Check Sales Consultants’ commission claims, timesheets and mileage claims and initially approve, prior to final sign off by Head of Sales.
• Be aware of sales and marketing budgets for each site and ensure costs are controlled within these budgets. Notify the Head of Sales if budgets are likely to be exceeded.
• Deal promptly with administration enquiries from customers and solicitors.
• Hold regular, minuted site meetings with Sales Consultants.
• Ensure corporate dress codes are observed and followed at all times.
• Attend weekly Sales and Build meetings and assist in closing down issues and providing support.
• Attend regular meetings with Area Construction Managers including joint visits of all show homes and marketing suite areas.
• Ensure company procedures relating to Property Misdescriptions Act are strictly adhered to.
• Manage and control “Mastermove” and Home Exchange properties.
• Ensure sales team make effective use of daily update to the SBMS.
3. Customer Service.
• Deliver standards of Customer Service in line with Policy and Procedures.
• Audit checks for plot handovers completed by Sales Consultants and regularly inspect build complete properties to ensure good and acceptable standards are being achieved.
• Evaluate and feedback all suggestions for improvement to the Heads of Sales and Build departments as appropriate.
• The job holder is required to spend “quality time” on all of their developments and with all of their Sales Consultants and to ensure that they maintain a “visibility” on site. This will normally necessitate weekly visits to each development, including some at weekends.
• Ensure that every visit to site “adds value” by analysing, observing, auditing all aspects of sales activity on site. Complete all required Standards checklists. Coach/mentor/performance manage Sales Consultants as required. Ensure areas for development are identified and action plans produced to fulfil the development needs; and monitor the same.
• Specifically check that enquiries are being dealt with promptly and regularly followed up.
• Discuss the results of any “Mystery shopping” and put in place measures to address any weaknesses highlighted.
• Lead, motivate, communicate with and Appraise staff to ensure all team members are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the company’s business needs; and ensure all relevant Company Policies and Procedures are followed.
• Assist in recruitment of all sales consultants and ensure new starter’s Induction Plans are reviewed and completed within laid down timescales .
• Liaise with Head of Sales and Human Resources on all employment issues.
5. Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Group’s Health and Safety Policy in order to ensure a safe environment for sales department employees and for customers.
6. At all times comply with any other relevant company policies, procedures
7. Implement new ideas and methods, encourage staff to offer constructive suggestions for improvement on any aspect of their job and continue to seek new ways of both improving contribution to the divisision’s goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life. This role requires the job holder to be a strong team player to ensure all targets are achieved.
Internal: Colleagues within Division and Group Marketing Department Maintaining an effective working relationship with Area
Construction Managers is essential in order to achieve company
targets and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction; and
External: Purchasers and their relevant external parties, Independent
Financial Advisers, Advertising and PR Agencies, contractors and suppliers to sales areas.
Decision Making Authority:
• Sale of house down to base price as set by Head of Sales and MD/RD.
• Extension to contract exchange periods by up to one week.
• Holidays, rotas for site sales cover.
• Initial approval of commission and mileage expenses for Sales Consultants.
• Appointment of Estate Agents for valuations and sales.
• Appointment of Cleaners/Landscapers.