Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
To add value by making business specific recommendations in relation to
the business, processes and projects in order to improve the overall control environment.
To provide independent and objective advice and assurance on business risks and controls.
- To lead a portfolio of audits, ensuring effective planning, execution reporting and clearance of audit work. This will involve gathering information by meeting people at all levels across the business, reporting findings and discussing and agreeing recommendations with management.
- To ensure that a best practice approach is taken to all audit work
- To perform and report on follow-up reviews of audit recommendations with divisional management.
- To assist in the identification of key risk areas within the business and contribute to the forward audit plan.
To provide ad-hoc advice to management on control issues.
- To line manage senior auditors, including recruitment, conducting feedback and aiding career development. This will include a proactive approach to coaching and mentoring staff.
- To lead or participate in ad hoc audits, projects and investigations as appropriate to individual skills and experience
- To act as topic champion in specialist areas where appropriate. To share expertise within the team and encourages best practice behaviours across the organisation
It is desirable that applicants have at least 4 years auditing or relevant experience, preferably including some Internal Audit experience.
This experience will have included working with organisations of a comparable size or complexity.
It is expected that applicants have at least one of the following professional UK qualifications as appropriate to the role:
- Qualified Accountant through a recognised professional body (ACA, ACCA, ACMA)
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditing
Holding the certified information systems auditor (CISA) and knowledge of ITIL would be an advantage.
Applicants who do not have audit experience may be considered if they can demonstrate a significant level of expertise in a
required area of specialism, and have a proven track record in quickly acquiring new knowledge and skills.
Should have strong experience in the following areas:
Review and/or Management of:
- Security auditing over SAP financial systems, including Unix;
- major programmes, projects and audit software;
- broadcast and business continuity; and
- major contracts.
Free job description Audit Manager