Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Booking Officer
To be part of the booking team booking appointments for two week wait referrals, outpatient procedures and clinics. Responsibility for managing designated waiting lists and ensuring that targets in these services are achieved. Required to undertake extensive liaison with patients ensuring that appointments are offered and queries are resolved effectively.
6. To be responsible for handling telephone calls from doctors, secretaries and other departments including external agencies, ensuring they are dealt with in a polite, professional and empathetic manner.
7. To prioritise the daily workload to ensure that any referrals received and all urgent matters are dealt with as soon as practicable.
8. To be responsible for identifying any patient appointment, which may breach the waiting time targets and to ensure that an appointment is booked to avoid the breach.
9. To be responsible for ensuring that the correct invitation letter is attached to each patient episode and that this letter is printed
10. To ensure that original referral letters are filed appropriately.
11 To action downtime forms received from secretaries or nurse specialists to change appointments as requested by consultants.
Booking Officer job description
• 1 year’s recent administrative experience, including reception / call centre work.
• Experience of office & filing systems.
• Experience of providing information and/or advice to the public, both face to face and over the telephone.
• Experience of using computer systems, including data inputting, Microsoft Office, Internet etc.
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Listening, questioning in an appropriate manner and offering explanations and instructions to service users
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, tact & diplomacy
• Ability to respond to individuals who may present as hostile or in distress
• High level of customer care skills
• Good organisational skills, ability to deal with competing priorities without direct supervision
• Ability to follow policies & procedures accurately and maintain consistency
• Ability to identify and raise problems appropriately
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with deadlines
• Able to retain and communicate information effectively
• Intermediate level of IT skills
12. To book patients from cancelled lists and reschedule in line with access policy
13. To cover colleagues during absence and ensure patient registration is not delayed and where patients need to be booked appointments to avoid breaches, they are prioritised.
General Duties-Booking Officer job description
1. Ensure that all patients, visitors and staff are treated in a courteous, professional and caring manner whether dealing with them in person or on the phone and that they receive prompt assistance. To respect the religious, cultural and individual needs of patients, visitors and staff.
2. To maintain patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with policy.
3. To report accidents and / or incidents, which occur to patients, visitors, staff or oneself in accordance with policy.
4. To report any suspicious circumstances / individuals / packages immediately to the unit manager or other senior member of staff.
5. To be aware of procedures to be followed in case of fire, cardiac arrest, major incident or other emergency.
6. To undertake all work in accordance with policies and statutory requirements
Booking Officer job description [cont]
1. To open and sort all incoming mail to the department ensuring everything is date stamped and redirecting post as required.
2. To be responsible for ensuring that any patient not currently listed on the system is registered and that demographic details are current and accurate.
3. To ensure that all referral letters received are sent to the clinical team
4. To book appointments by phoning patients and offering a choice of appointments and if unable to contact the patient send a letter to confirm the appointment allocated to them.
5. To ensure that transport and interpreters are booked where necessary.