Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Bookkeeper Accounts Payable Job description
The Bookkeeper/Accounts Payable maintains balance and up-to-date financial records for the
district. The position includes maintenance of checking accounts, issuance of checks, and
providing assistance to administration in budget planning and implementation.
1. Maintains current and accurate files on all vendor invoices, which includes the filing of invoices.
2. Checks for vendor payment and follow-up on overdue payments and reports as necessary.
3. Processes cancelled checks for bank reconciliation and prepares a list of outstanding checks.
4. Sets up new vendor, revenue, and expenditure accounts as needed.
5. Verifies bank deposits with receipts and reconciles accounts by verifying deposit ticket against
6. Maintains special financial records, and ensures all supporting information on expenses is
available including invoices and claim vouchers.
7. Makes code adjustments to expenditure and revenue accounts, and examines unpaid bills,
receivables, payables, and related accounts (I.e., activities) and prepares year end reports.
8. Verifies and issues checks for accounts payable and mails payments.
12. Posts all receipts and expenses.
13. Inputs budget projections in the Board of Education book and into the finance system.
14. Processes all purchase orders, invoices, and monitors verification of packing slips with the
15. Handles Band Parent and Booster Club accounts.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the superintendent, director of business services, and
district office manager.
17. Processes free and reduced lunch applications.
9. Establishes new account files by setting up new codes and subaccounts in compliance with
UFARS accounting codes and verifies Chapter X grids.
10. Correcting formats and establishing reporting formats for monthly reports.
11. Assists with interpreting transactions for district personnel and auditors