Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Bookkeeper Job Description
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for overseeing duties in the accounting
department. This included overseeing Payables, Purchasing, Accounts Receivable, Inventory
management, and completing bookkeeping duties.
• Knowledge of accounting technics and procedures
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
• Work with Chief Financial Officer to ensure proper controls are in place and maintained
• Maintain general ledger accounts
• Obtain and maintain a good working knowledge of the general ledger accounts
• Direct the month end closing process and ensure books are closed on time
• Ensure necessary reporting is complete before the next month is opened
• Responsible for the monthly tying down all general ledger account balances
• Reconcile end of month bank statements
• Preparing OLCC and TTB excise tax returns
• Provide training for all staff in accounting department
• Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions
• Ensure policies and procedures are being followed
• Preparing books for the end of fiscal year review
• Preparing books for Audit
• Preparing books for annual valuation
• Responsible for the development, management, hiring and coaching of new employees
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be organized
• Good wri#en and verbal communication
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Pay close attention to detail
• Must be able to multi-task
• 4 year college degree in accounting
• 3+ Years of demonstrated experience
• CPA Highly preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Must work well with others
• Experience with ERP systems
• Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred
The Bookkeeper is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly
allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, excise tax reporting, year-end audit preparation and monthly tie down of all general ledger accounts.