Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Brand Licensing Manager
• Manage the exploitation of the allocated brands, identifying suitable licensees and selling licences to the best possible partner, bearing in mind product quality, maximum distribution to the most suitable market and best financial return.
• Develop an overall annual plan by brand, set budgets and achieve sales targets. Keep accurate and continually updated forecasts for each licence and retain full awareness of ongoing sales and retail listings.
• Negotiate and finalise advantageous license terms for deals in the UK region and process licence agreements through including ensuring full clearance of any talent, photography or music used within products.
• Work with licensing colleagues in other international offices to ensure that brands are optimised globally, including selecting licensees on the basis of their global sales potential, setting up distribution of UK lines overseas as required and encouraging multi-territory deals.
• Work within an overall framework of brand plans and view all Licensing activity within the context of a wider long-term opportunity to maximise commercial return whilst protecting and developing Brands.
• Ensure all deals, products and promotions fully adhere to Ethical Policy, Commercial Policy, Environmental Policy and Food Policy and confirm with Editorial Policy guidelines.
• Work as necessary with other internal departments involved in the progress of a licence including Brand Teams, Creative Development, Business Affairs, Legal Affairs and all those creating associated products such as books, video, multimedia products and magazines.
• Maintain relationships with key retailers and work with the Head of Retail to keep retailers aware of new properties and new products and develop and present promotional opportunities to them.
• Identify manufacturing and retail trends to open up new product opportunities and work with licensees to ensure product ranges are cohesive, innovative and maximise the life cycle of each brand
• Monitor the progress of agreements and approval of products and marketing materials/advertisements through the relevant departments helping to resolve any issues to meet sales time-scales.
• Develop sales promotions (either with promotions agencies or with chosen FMCG partners), cross promotions and marketing opportunities with licensees to maximise retail listings and enhance consumer awareness of brands.
• Embrace professional account management systems and processes.
• Oversee creation of suitable sales support materials and brand presentations
• Undertake specific projects or reports assigned by the Head of UK Licensing or Director, Licensed Consumer Products
• Attend trade fairs, presentations and industry events as necessary
• Extensive experience of managing commercial relationships with key accounts, including some experience with a leading licensor
• Proven line-management experience of junior staff
• Excellent business planning, negotiation, communication and presentation skills
• An understanding of modern sales, trade marketing and category management techniques and associated technology
• Understanding of promotional mechanics and incentives
• Knowledge of copyright, trademarks and rights issues.