Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Brand Manager job description
The overall purpose of the role is:
• To support the implementation of the brand strategy & architecture and act as a key contributor to its on-going development
• To advise on and implement the use of the brand in the commercial space
• To develop and maintain brand identity standards
To support the implementation of the brand strategy & architecture and act as a key contributor to its on-going development, driving:
• strategic alignment across the different parts of the business on that strategy
• the execution and implementation of the strategy by the individual marketing teams and creative services
• the development of a clear consumer facing positioning for the brand outside the UK
• the development of the agreed portfolio of brands to build the reputation of the company
• the rationale of brand strategy
To advise on and implement the use of the brand in the commercial space
• Ensure clear framework for brand compliance
To develop and maintain brand identity standards and guidelines
• Drive the creation and development of the Brand management system
• Support development of any new brand identity requirements
To be the day to day contact for brand approvals
• To manage the day to day approval process for branding issues, including decisions about use of the brand and escalation of key issues
To ensure the effective day to day running of the Group Brand Operating framework, and monthly brand forums
• Work with VP, Brand Strategy to run the process for these key meetings ensuring agendas, relevant items and approvals are prepared and agreed in advance
To support the VP, Brand Strategy in providing strategic brand expertise and advice across the business on an ad hoc basis
• To keep ahead of developments in the field of brand strategy and marketing, maintaining and enhancing professional contacts.
• To comply with all relevant safety rules, procedures and guidelines. To be aware of responsibilities under the safety policy.
• To comply with the ’s policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
Required Knowledge & Experience
• An impressive record of achievement in the field of marketing, within broadcasting or an industry of similar scale and complexity.
• A full understanding of brand management; brand and marketing strategy; marketing techniques; audience research, and a track record of developing new and effective marketing and brand strategies.
• Proven experience of working on major consumer brands both above and below the line.
• Experience of understanding and influencing policy in an environment of comparable complexity.
• Experience of successfully implementing a strategic direction for a team and service.
• Proven track record in managing complex relationships and negotiations at all levels, both internal and external.
• Experience of matrix management and leading and motivating non direct reports.
• Experience of budget setting and control. Project management experience is an advantage.
• Some understanding of the ’s structures, policies and concerns would be an advantage and/or an ability to assimilate quickly their subtleties and detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and strong negotiation skills. The ability to establish effective relationships with contacts both within and external to the .
• Ability to work effectively in a matrix structure and to influence key stakeholders over whom there exists no direct authority.
• Able to generate, or catalyse in others, innovative ideas and approaches and to translate these into practical realities.
• Self reliant and able to manage self and others within a complex environment with shared responsibilities across the .
• To be the day to day contact for brand approvals
• To ensure the effective day to day running of the Group Operating framework, the Pan-W Brand Board and monthly PS/WW brand forums
• To support the VP, Brand Strategy in providing strategic brand expertise and advice across the business on an ad hoc basis