Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Broadcast Technology Support Specialist
The objective of the role is to deliver a high quality converged support service to all programmes, ensuring that all equipment and systems meet agreed targets for availability, performance and safety. Accountable to the Front Line support Team Leader, the prime responsibility of the Broadcast Technology Support Specialist is the provision of maintenance and support of the IT and Broadcast systems in News.
• Work as part of a team responsible for the support of broadcast systems and equipment.
• Contribute to the maintenance of standards and working practices within the team.
• Ensure that the support service provided conforms to the agreed standards (e.g. SLA) and is in-line with the needs of the business.
•Minimum education to “A” level (or equivalent).
•Several years experience of working in a team of engineering and / or IT support staff, providing a diverse service to a large user base.
•Experience of providing the solutions to sometimes complex systems problems across a variety of hardware platforms.
•Experience of broadcast operations and systems, including change and configuration management.
•Excellent communication skills, experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment.
• Project Management experience
• Providing a diverse service to a large user base
• Experience of change and configuration management.
• An interest in supporting broadcast activities, showing a demonstrable understanding of the pressures and demands of a fast-moving, news production environment.
•Ensure that, where appropriate, pro-active rather than reactive work is carried out, with the aim of preventing problems occurring.
•Investigate problems, log correctly, take the lead in arranging prompt resolutions and ensure effective communication to interested parties.
• Ensure details of work undertaken are accurately recorded and that associated costs are noted.
• Contribute to the staff appraisal process where necessary and act as mentor for trainees.
Project Management (Desirable)
• Involvement in the implementation of projects as directed.
• Contribute to the specification and documentation of new systems as required
You will be responsible for prioritising, planning and completing the assigned operational workload and maintaining best working practices.
The post holder must be confident, display sound technical judgement with an in-depth knowledge of engineering and IT technology, with excellent team working skills.