Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
To deliver a high quality converged support service to News programmes, ensuring that all equipment and systems meet agreed targets for availability, performance and safety. The prime responsibility of the Broadcast Technology Support Specialist is the provision of maintenance and support of the IT and Broadcast Systems in News.
• Minimum education to “A” level (or equivalent experience).
• Substantial experience of working in a converged team of broadcast engineers and IT staff providing a diverse service to a large user base.
• Experience supporting a live TV and/or Radio Production environment
• Experience of providing the solutions to sometimes complex systems problems across a variety of hardware platforms.
• Experience of broadcast operations and systems, including change and configuration management.
Free job description Broadcast Technology Systems Engineer
Work as part of a team responsible for the support of News broadcast systems and equipment.
• Contribute to the maintenance of standards and working practices within the team.
• Ensure that the support service provided conforms to the agreed standards (e.g. SLA) and is in-line with the needs of the business.
• Ensure that, where appropriate, pro-active rather than reactive work is carried out, with the aim of preventing problems occurring.
Investigate problems, log correctly, take the lead in arranging prompt resolutions and ensure effective communication to interested parties.
• Ensure details of work undertaken are accurately recorded and that associated costs are noted.
• Contribute to the staff appraisal process where necessary and act as mentor for trainees.
Working as part of the 24/7 Support team you will provide support to the Newsroom, News’ Production and Asset Management Systems, TV studios, radio studios, edit suites and graphic design areas. You will be responsible for prioritising, planning and completing the assigned operational workload and maintaining best working practices.
The post holder must be confident, display sound technical judgement with an in-depth knowledge of broadcast engineering and IT technology, with excellent team working skills.
• Excellent communication skills, experience of providing a high quality service in a demanding customer service environment.
• An interest in supporting news and it’s broadcast activities, showing a demonstrable understanding of the pressures and demands of a fast-moving, news production environment.
In addition to the above:-
• Shift-working is required to provide continuous cover often including night duties. This may involve travelling to locations serviced by Technology Operations both in the UK and abroad.
• To ensure that the provisions of the Health and Safety at Work are observed. Responsible for ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with a safe system of work and that the requirements of statutory and company safety regulations are fully met.