Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
• Manage the systems required to build, test and deploy software into a range of environments spanning the full software development lifecycle for video production systems.
• Accept software components from the product development teams or third party vendors and produces software builds for deployment into a range of environments
• Ensure build and release processes and procedures are followed.
• Assess, plan and assist the product teams with the design of release packages prior to deployment into the environments.
• Produce build definitions for the generation of software which will have multiple software branches and versions of both bespoke software development and 3rd party vendor applications.
• Produce software builds and carry out fault diagnosis relating to build failures and documenting and the results.
• Ensure, where possible, that an automated approach is being taken to all aspects of software build and management.
• Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution on build and release issues
• Generate and maintain configuration management records for releases and software builds
• Support an agile and iterative approach to development, testing, build and release.
• To keep abreast of developments in software engineering and technologies
Free job description Build and Release Engineer
• Significant experience gained in an IT operations or systems integration role.
• Experience in a range of version control, continuous integration and build automation tools and approaches (including open source solutions) e.g. RPMs, Subversion, Jira, Maven, Hudson, Puppet.
• Experience of working with server virtualisation technologies such as VMware.
• Experience of working with a Linux, Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Oracle, MS SQL and .NET
• Experience of working with SOA enterprise integration technologies such as IBM WebSphere or JBoss is highly desirable.
• Ability to work proactively and collaboratively with third party vendors and their support departments to aid issue resolution.
• Experience of working on large scale agile projects, and working in an environment which is running multiple concurrent Scrums.
• Experience of using Agile approaches such as SCRUM, TDD, User Stories, Release Planning, Retrospectives.
• Have a degree in Electronics, Physics, Computer Science or a related subject.
• Experience of working in a broadcast media environment would definitely be an advantage.
• Experience of working on Enterprise scale technology solutions.
• Devise and operate the processes needed to ensure software builds are fast, automated and reliable.
• Analyse, plan and assist the development teams with the design of release packages for deployment
• Ensure visibility of the status and configuration of all builds within a range of environments
• Takes direction from and is accountable to the team environment and build lead
• This role is required to enhance the system to meet new requirements, to provide development support and maintenance