Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To provide an effective and responsive Estates Technical Service, by means of carrying out multi-skilled engineering duties, that is fully compliant with all relevant legislation, policy and procedure. The provision of information that demonstrates the effectiveness, responsiveness and efficiency of that service.
Building Services Job description
Good standard of general education
Completed a relevant recognised Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent experience
Must be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of key skills:
Application of Number
Working with others
Improving your own learning
Proven evidence of extensive engineering experience in a maintenance or service environment.
Proven evidence of substantial of engineering experience in a healthcare maintenance or equivalent service healthcare environment
Skills, abilities & knowledge
Ability to communicate with clarity and confidence in a variety of situations which may be demanding and difficult
Ability to plan, facilitate and evaluate activities to meet Departmental needs and objectives
Ability to adapt plans to suit a continually changing environment
Ability to follow a clear instruction and feedback to staff at all levels and disciplines.
Ability to work as part of a team and relate well, encompassing the views of others
Ability to work on own initiative and without supervision
Ability to motivate others in service delivery and quality improvement initiatives
Problem solving skills and flexibility to ensure an efficient service
Ability to use a high level of judgemental skill in order to maintain a professional service
Good knowledge and appreciation of national standards and guidelines that effect practise and service delivery
Ability to be innovative, creative and resourceful in practice
Ability to work in a highly professional manner.
• The implementation and delivery of an effective Estates Technical service to all customer organisations.
• The delivery of an effective maintenance programme based upon planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schemes that are founded in best practice.
• The delivery of an effective, responsive remedial maintenance programme based on accepted and negotiated standards of access and prioritisation.
• This service is delivered on a daily basis in all departments at a variety of locations .
• As well as maintaining the building fabric and services within all premises, this includes specialist equipment at a variety of locations including patient’s homes.
• On a daily basis carry out multi skilled engineering tasks that would predominately be Electrical but would include Mechanical, Plumbing, Drainage and Building skills in any or all of the above premises and be exposed to occupational hazards pertaining from these elements.
• Ensure that all equipment and services are maintained in compliance with current legislation and policies and procedures for example the latest edition of, The Institute of Electrical Engineers Wiring Regulations, The Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations, Council of Registered Gas Installers, etc.
• On a Daily basis drive an appropriate vehicle to any Premises that the Estates Department is responsible for maintaining. Distances covered could be up to approximately 300 miles per week some of which will be at night or early hours of the morning especially when carrying out on call duties.
• Responsible for ensuring the Van is kept in a safe and roadworthy condition, any detrimental condition is to be reported to Estates Administration Department immediately.
• On a daily basis be responsible for the identification of complex spare parts and either purchasing these parts from a local wholesaler or request parts are ordered via the Estates Office.
• Where parts are purchased from wholesalers either use issued credit card or if goods value exceeds £50 order via wholesalers account up to a limit of £500, ensuring that all relevant receipts, delivery notes etc are returned to the Estates office as soon as practically possible.
• Where parts cannot be purchased locally, not readily available from stock, or are above these limits full details must be passed on to the Estates office to enable them to interpret and decide on best course of action for ordering goods.
• Responsible for maintaining and replenishing all engineering stores in all site based workshops.
• Frequently advise Estates Office, using specialist knowledge of plant equipment and site specific needs, on suitability of calling out external contractors when the service demands, this could be based on time, specialisation, site demands or availability of parts.
• Ensure that all works are carried out within a set timescale, and with the minimal disruption to the relevant site or department, this will include daily alterations to the working pattern to meet changing service demands these changes will frequently involve travelling to a different site.
• On a daily basis autonomously prioritise workload, taking into account all legal maintenance requirements, Health and Safety issues, service level agreements and site-specific requirements.
• Frequently work in Mental Health units.
• Frequently when visiting Mental Health units allowances must be made for the clients condition with regards to their level of disability, i.e. at all times in these properties act in a kind, caring and positive manner, be prepared to take a calm and sympathetic approach when faced with difficult or confrontational clients.
• At all times you are responsible for ensuring that all tools and equipment are used in a conscientious manner.
• Occasionally when service levels demands, be prepared to work overtime at short notice in order to maintain services this could often involve travelling to another site prior to starting the work.
• Take part in Trade staff on call rota to deliver a 24/7 emergency breakdown service covering all trades and premises that the Estates Department is responsible for maintaining, occasionally tradesmen will be expected to undertake additional on call duties to cover for absence.
• When on call, receive all emergency requests and autonomously decide on best course of action with regards to attendance/prioritising the calls or calling out external specialist contractors when appropriate, liasing with Estates Manager on call if necessary.
• Frequently carry out deep cleans to equipment
• Be able to produce work to a high degree of precision through the use of specialised hand and powered tools.
• Regularly use platforms and ladders to access and carry out high level works.
• To provide frequent constructive feedback to the Estates office with regards to a wide diverse range of tasks and duties to enable the Estates Department to decide on future service planning and best delivery of services.
• Occasionally required to meet with contractors, following a request from Estates Management Team, at various locations in order to disseminate site-specific knowledge to enable works to be carried out. Feedback outcomes of meetings to Estates Officers.
• Occasionally monitor contractors working in the vicinity following a request from Estates Management Team and feedback as appropriate.
• Responsible for monitoring Health and Safety compliance in the area of Buildings and Buildings Maintenance and to contribute to other areas of Health and Safety Management throughout the customer organisations reporting any concerns.
• Occasionally work externally in adverse weather conditions.
• Proactively liase with the Estates Office to ensure that the correct skills mix is available to cover out of hours on call service, to include covering extra occasions when the need arises.
• Responsible to provide the necessary technical back up to other trades staff at all times.
• Responsible for carrying out all statutory compliance testing, for example fire alarms, gas installations, sterilisers, Generator Tests, Water Quality, etc.
• On a daily basis ensure that Handheld device is synchronised with Planon database.
• Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and legibly and is returned to the Estates office on a weekly basis, this includes weekly timesheets, daily worksheets (where applicable), call out sheets and service sheets etc.
• Responsible for identifying any personal or engineering specific specialised training requirements and feedback to Estates Office.
• You will be required to undertake any identified training that will improve the service delivery of the Estates Department