Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Building Surveyor job description
5. Prepare costed reports on projects as and when required.
6. Support the performance management framework and monitor performance indicators, as required
7. Assist the Senior Project Management Surveyor (Special Projects) in consulting with
staff of all Directorates regarding sbh’s investment programme.
8. Prepare specifications and issue work instructions/task orders.
9. Assist in the co-ordination of projects including undertaking inspections of work,
certification of payments, and release of retention.
10. Provide relevant advice on technical matters and materials relating to the building and maintenance work of the section.
11. Contribute to the development of reports, policies, procedure and standards.
12. Attend meetings, working parties, seminars and inter-professional group discussions to
contribute and advise on building matters.
13. Report any identified concerns regarding the safeguarding of adults at risk, children and
young people in accordance with sbh’s policy and procedures.
14. Comply with Health and Safety requirements, particularly with regards to lone working
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Experience of working as a surveyor or architectural technician
Good all round knowledge of the construction process and Building Pathology
Good working knowledge of Planning and Building Regulations
Knowledge of new build developments, funding opportunities and mortgage rescue schemes
Experience and Knowledge of IT systems, word documents, spreadsheets etc.
Minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at Grade C and above
Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Construction or equivalent qualification or relevant
experience to demonstrate competence
Ability to travel – Possess Driving Licence or access to mobility support
1. Provide property files on all buildings/projects, as required, including drawings,
construction details, photographs etc.
2. Obtain and input relevant data regarding sbh’s stock condition and asset management.
3. Undertake surveys as and when required.
4. Extract from surveys all work requiring urgent attention and compile programmes of
such work in priority order.