Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Bus Driver Job Description
This role encompasses all aspects of providing a public transport service. The provision of this service will mean that drivers will be in constant contact with members of the public and expected to provide excellent customer service. They will be responsible for ensuring the vehicle meets the daily demands of this service.
Training & Qualifications
Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance
A minimum of 2 years experience (within the last 3 years) of driving passenger carrying vehicles.
Communication and relationship skills
Able to communicate effectively and relay information accurately to others. Write up untoward incident forms and vehicle accident forms in a clear concise manner.
Analytical and Judgement skills
Able to deal with problems and situations that might occur with respect to timetables/schedules in the event of vehicle service/breakdown and road traffic accidents using own judgement where necessary in order to safeguard the safety and well being of all passengers on board.
Planning and organisation skills
Able to follow simple instructions and use own initiative where appropriate. Adopt a flexible approach to work to fit the requirements of the service.
Ability to drive commercial/passenger carrying vehicles.
Responsible for the safety and well being of all staff, visitors and patients whilst onboard service.
Financial and Physical Resources
Must adhere to the correct procedures with respect to securing the vehicle and its contents out of working hours.
• To be responsible for assisting members of the public to board and alight the service when required.
• To provide a basic knowledge of the facilities the Bulding provides and their locations.
• To be aware of and apply the Highway Code and any applicable traffic legislation at all times.
• Responsible for the basic maintenance of all vehicles and equipment to defined standards at all times. This will include ensuring that all vehicles are in operational readiness ie., refuelled and that any defects are reported. Carry out safety checks and cleaning of vehicles as required.
• To record mileage and passenger statistics for submission at the end of every working week.
• To liaise with senior staff to ensure all promotional publications on the bus are up to date.
• To be responsible to ensure pre trip inspections are carried out and recorded.
• To be accountable for reporting any defects with the bus.
• Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required as appropriate to the Grade.
Thoughtful Customer Care
Caring and helpful
• Polite, respect individuals, thoughtful, welcoming
• Helpful, kind, supportive, don’t wait to be asked
• Listening, informing, communicating
Safe and vigilant
• Clean hands and bulding so patients are safe
• Professional, ensure patients feel safe
• Honest, will speak up if needed to stay safe