Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
To all operations of the bus garage are effectively carried out to provide efficient and safe transportation for the students and staff
1. Arrives to work on time and attends work on a regular basis with days missed not
affecting the quality of transportation services.
2. Devotes the time and energy needed to complete tasks.
3. Establishes, implements, and supervises effective transportation and maintenance
4. Promotes and maintains effective use of the proper chain of command.
5. Attends meetings necessary to carry out quality services to the district.
6. Conducts meetings with bus garage personnel to ensure quality services to the
7. Delegates authority and responsibility effectively; guides but does not micro-manage.
8. Distinguishes between prime and trivial problems.
9. Explores and considers alternative solutions before making decisions and
10. Makes decisions and recommendations based upon available facts and/or data.
11. When appropriate, knows when to ask for help and includes supervisor in decision
Bus Garage Supervisor job description
1. Must hold a valid School Bus Driving License.
2. Experience and skills in the maintenance and repair of gas and diesel engines found in school buses and other vehicles company owned or leased by the school district.
3. Any other alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
12. Makes timely decisions that are well-defined, objective, and lead to successful and
13. Establishes or realigns priorities when change occurs and adapting to such changes in
a positive manner.
14. Demonstrates ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public
and school district employees.
15. Demonstrates effective written communication skills which are clear and concise.
16. Is considerate, courteous, and treats others with respect.
17. Maintains confidentiality in matters involving personnel and students.
18. Maintains poise in stressful situations while continuing to function in a professional
19. Is equally accessible to personnel, students, or parents.
20. Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding
school transportation and the maintenance and operation of the bus garage.
21. 21-2-131 (a) (i) Establishes and maintains minimum standards for persons involved
in the operation of school buses inclusive of supervising such personnel whose duties
involve the transporting of pupils.
22. 21-2-131 (b) (i) develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process inclusive of ensuring all school buses undergo a safety inspection not less
than two (2) times each school year, with one (1) inspection conducted by a person
not employed by the school district. A copy of the inspection reports shall be filed
with the local school district.
23. 21-3-131 (b) (ii) Develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process inclusive of ensuring all school bus operators perform a daily pre-trip
inspection of their vehicles and report promptly any defect or deficiency discovered
that may affect the safety of the vehicle’s operation or result in its mechanical
breakdown. Documentation of the inspections shall be submitted weekly and
retained on file with the school district for a period of one (1) year.
24. 21-3-131 (b) (iii) Develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process inclusive of ensuring operators of school buses equipped with lap belts
shall wear a properly secured lap belt at all times the vehicle is in motion.
25. 21-3-131 (b) (iv) Develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process inclusive of ensuring passengers in Type A school buses equipped with
factory installed lap belts wear a properly secured lap belt at all times the
vehicle is in motion.
26. 21-3-131 (b) (vi) Develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process ensuring school bus routing and seating plans shall be coordinated to
eliminate standing passengers or exceeding the manufacturer’s rating capacity for the
27. 21-3-131 (b) (vii) Develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process ensuring school buses operate with lighted headlamps at all times the
vehicle is in motion.
28. 21-3-131 (b) (viii) Develops and implements a preventative transportation safety
process ensuring the service door of the school bus shall remain closed at all times
the vehicle is in motion.
29. As a designated and certified Department of Transportation drug testing official,
carries out notification process for required random drug testing for bus drivers.
30. As a designated and certified Department of Transportation drug testing official,
determines reasonable suspicion of drug or alcohol use by bus drivers and follows
proper procedure for testing of such individuals.
31. Demonstrates promptness and accuracy in completing required Inventory Fuel, Fuel
Delivery, and Manual Tank Fuel Gauging EPA records to Assistant Superintendent
of Business, Finance, Transportation, Technology, and Food Services.
32. Develops and administers a transportation scheduling and bus routes to meet all the
requirements of the daily instructional program and extra-curricular activities
ensuring no problems or interruptions to the educational program.
33. Ensures a fair and equitable rotation schedule system is devised and implemented for
extra-duty/activity bus driving assignments.
34. Carries out the responsibility for keeping all district vehicles in such a state of
operating excellence that no or minimal problems or interruptions to the educational
35. Supervises the diagnosing, assigning, and repairing of district vehicles and
36. Maintains a current inventory of supplies and equipment.
37. Establishes an efficient and effective system of routine vehicle maintenance and
38. Sets up and supervises a system for the receipt and issuance of parts and supplies and
the keeping of records and inventories.
39. Lays out, assigns, supervises, and inspects the work of the mechanic(s) in the overhaul and repair of district vehicle equipment.
40. Assists in the recruitment, screening, and provides initial and on-going training, of bus drivers and bus garage personnel.
41. Evaluates bus drivers and bus garage personnel.
42. Ensures high standards of safety and good housekeeping methods in all work-connected areas.
43. Properly supervises and verifies time cards of bus drivers and bus garage personnel.
44. Works with bus drivers, building principals, students and parents to resolve bus discipline complaints, concerns, and special requests.
45. Makes recommendations for future equipment and personnel needs.
46. Strives to keep current with trends directly related to his/her position and
accompanying duties by attending appropriate in-service training, workshops etc.
47. Other duties, as may, from time to time be assigned by supervisor.