Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Business Analyst Tester
Check out our full A-Z of job descriptions
Providing the skills of analysis and testing for a dedicated area. Maintain a good understanding of the business and systems domain, undertake analysis to define requirements with acceptance criteria to meet business needs and support solutions design.
• Substantial experience encompassing business analysis and testing responsibilities within challenging and changeable environments, comprising of diverse technologies and a cost aware culture.
• Educated to degree level in an information technology discipline with specialisation in software analysis and design or business analysis or testing.
• Theoretical and practical expertise in analysis and testing techniques with a track record of having personally delivered multiple software projects.
• Experience of the full software and project lifecycle, including a range of developments using both Agile & Waterfall Agile delivery approaches
• Ability to define business requirements, create acceptance criteria and design test cases.
• Good understanding and experience of producing test strategies, plans and test coverage reports.
• Understanding of UX design standards, cross browser testing, Test Driven Development, testing tools and automated acceptance testing.
• Experience of working with third parties for both software delivery and provision of specialist testing.
• Knowledge and experience of business processes in the media industry such as Marketing, eCommerce, Sales, Content & Rights Management and Corporate systems (HR, Finance).
• Able to develop and maintain a good understanding of business, its aims and objectives.
• Experience of working with and presenting to senior management, good stakeholder management skills inside and outside of Technology.
• Organised, calm and able to work under pressure in a fast moving environment, remaining motivated and committed at all times.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members.
• Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality results in a matrix structure, on time, on budget to meet business requirements.
• Proven ability to build strong and trusted relationships across business and technology areas.
• Good attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Self motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done.
• Provide input into system design, offering advice and providing feedback based on knowledge of the business objectives, processes and requirements.
• Produce test strategies and plans to identify the testing required for the software delivery and work the project team to estimate the time, resources and materials required for testing the product.
• Create and execute scripted system tests for web sites, applications and rich multi-media experiences, delivered by third-part suppliers and internal development teams, according to the requirements and acceptance criteria. Ensure system defects are recorded, tracked and resolved.
• Work with technical testers and external testing partners to provide technical, load, stress and specialist testing. Ensure quality checks are implemented and effective testing coverage is taking place.
• Create user acceptance tests and facilitate end-user testing to ensure the system meets the business requirements. Support users in understanding how to get the most from the system within the business context and providing training support as appropriate
• Understand requirements engineering methods and the iterative software development life cycle. Work within teams using Agile, Scrum techniques and delivering software using test-driven development.
• Work independently or within a team as required within project timelines and budgets. Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation.
• Create and maintain excellent, collaborative relationships with other members of the delivery team, the wider department and designated business areas so that the overall Technology function operates professionally and is seen as delivery focused.
Produce the test strategy and plan for the delivery, define and execute appropriate system acceptance tests and work with the development team to resolve defects. Be involved with technical processes (technical and regression testing, test automation and software release) for delivery of quality software into the business. Define and facilitate user acceptance testing and ensure the software is integrated into business processes and adopted by the user community.
• Act as a business representative for designated areas, understand business objectives and processes, facilitate the definition of requirements with associated acceptance criteria and obtain agreement with business sponsors.
• Work closely within a professional, influential and proactive development team that tangibly adds value as a whole and to ensure delivery of quality products. Participate in team planning and activities with the aim of improving team skills, awareness and quality of work.