Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Business Consultant job description
To lead functional and process facets of Retail software implementations by applying retail industry knowledge and Retail software functional product knowledge.
A Business Consultant may share some project management responsibilities and provide leadership to the client team to ensure a successful project.
• Assist in the definition of project objectives, scope, organization, timelines, and overall approach
• Assist in the definition of implementation and integration alternatives
• Lead the Functional Team consistent with this Project Charter and the Project Plan
• Provide a focal point for the Client Business Process Team users of the system for functional advice and coaching
• Schedule and lead workshop sessions to address the business process requirements with Retail functionality
• Ensure follow up and resolve issues arising from workshop sessions and/or related to business processes and system functionality
• Assist with the documentation of ‘As Is’ business processes and the development of ‘To Be’ business processes and recommended policies
• Define the system configuration requirements, identify gaps and recommend system modifications and process changes to optimally satisfy business requirements using the Retail suite of applications. Define client reporting, data conversion and interface requirements
• Document functional requirements for modifications and support design process
• Escalate project issues to the Project Manager that cannot be resolved within his/her sphere of influence and/or authority
• Assist the client Business Process Team Leader to develop the strategy and plan the work required by the Business Process Team to support implementation
• Drive test plan definition, creation and execution
• Facilitate the logging, reporting, and resolution of application issues
• Perform go-live assessments to determine readiness of the system as well as client and support teams
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the functional capabilities and integration points of the Retail solution. Support development of functional product knowledge for clients and Online team members
• Maintain an in-depth understanding of a subset of the following retail concepts: merchandising, inventory management, warehouse management, store operations, planning/forecasting, replenishment, pricing.
• Assist in handoff to support team upon successful project completion
Essential skills and:
• Understanding of Retail solution functional concepts & integration points
• Detailed functional Retail application knowledge
• Has a minimum 7 years progressive experience in the Retail and IT industries
• Demonstrable track record in successful large scale package software implementation
• Demonstrable experience in the definition of business process definition and improvement
• Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of project management
• Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
• Ability to identify and proactively solve problems for Retail clients
• Strong client negotiation and demonstrated consulting skills
• Capable leading smaller project teams
• Understands and demonstrates financial responsibility
• Capable of driving process improvement
• Proven analytical, critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (presentation, verbal and written) with the ability to influence
• Ability to work with clients to build a sense of shared ownership and minimizes potential resistance
• High degree of initiative, motivation and problem solving skills