Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Business Development Executive job description
The role is to work with the VP Business Development & Digital Media in identifying, developing, building business plans and initial account managing of commercial relationships on a global basis, to foster the development of new business opportunities that can then be integrated into the existing business.
The successful candidate will have the following main responsibilities:
- Support, and in some cases responsibility, for, identification and development of new business opportunities to drive revenue growth.
- Work with the teams in the Sales & Distribution business alongside other interested divisions (e.g. Content & Production) to integrate business development initiatives into every day practice and thinking
- Ensure the continued development of key projects in the absence of VP Business Development & Digital Media.
Manage commercial relationships across new and emerging business models.
- Manage internal relationships
- Regularly track commercial success of new and emerging business models, and trials undertaken by ORGANISATIONW
- Work with the S&D Sales Teams to help secure key customer buy in on new initiatives.
- Liaise with marketing, research, sales and legal teams to help inform new development.
- Help prepare business plans for potential projects and project P&L’s.
- Help to build business models around new commercial propositions.
- Liaise with finance, reporting and accounting teams in processing deals in order that they can be recognised in ORGANISATION systems and accounts.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Substantial experience in commercial development.
- Experience / knowledge of the media and digital industries, some knowledge of linear and non-linear advertising an advantage
- Awareness of media licensing, commercial frameworks and legal contracting.
- Strong skills in research (desktop and bespoke), information gathering and assembly of data.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills and experience of report writing for senior audience
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong academic background, highly numerate with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to innovate and motivate.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter – have to take the initiative and lead on pieces of work.
- Can-do attitude, flexibility and creativity, ability to work under pressure in tight timeframes.
- A fundamental understanding of the international TV content sales opportunities
- Account management of specific new and existing partners on a day-to-day basis where activity has not been integrated into the business.
- Support for the overall drive to increase revenues through both new opportunities and maximising existing revenue streams.
- Researching and building business cases for new identified opportunities at various stages of development.
The role has 3 principle accountabilities:
- Work with the VP Business Development & Digital Media to deliver to the business new potential partners/commercial deals.
- Play a key role in scoping and writing business plans around new business development projects.
- Help negotiate commercial deals or support the VP Business Development & Digital Media in negotiating new commercial deals internationally