Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Business Information Specialist
To build and maintain big relationships with the business and colleagues, understanding business requirements and helping to plan their Information and broader IM&T requirements; providing advice on, and presenting, performance measurement/improvement data, analysis and recommendations; being able to respond to urgent demands ensuring that the business needs are met and expectations managed. Requires an ability to negotiate and influence both colleagues within IM&T and customers in the business.
Prioritise the Business Analyst work flow through negotiation with the Business.
Provide regular updates to the Head of Information and Analytics on the progress of work and any emerging issues or challenges to meeting agreed delivery dates.
Ensure all information outputs of the Business Analysts are accurate, fit for purpose, delivered to time and follow the agreed development methodology with full written
Provide leadership, mentorship and line management for dedicated Business Analysts.
Participate on the analysis and implementation of appropriate IM&T solutions to address complex, business-critical problem areas.
Lead on the provision of appropriate information to support the Division’s business cases as and when the need arises.
Communicate the information and IM&T support needs of the Division within the BIS Team and wider IM&T department.
Ensure best practice in terms of information and business intelligence provision,
working closely with other BISs, members of the IM&T Department and wider information community.
Directly support and co-ordinate all information needs of the Divisional Managing Directors.
Work as the Division’s information expert, providing detailed guidance on all information matters in addition to acting as the pivotal contact point between the Division’s senior management and all areas of IM&T.
Support the Division’s decision making process through the provision of focused business intelligence information.
Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of information and operational business processes and how these can support the achievement of agreed targets and objectives.
Responsibilities for physical and financial resources
- Responsible for providing advice and guidance regarding the impact of adverse performance
on meeting local and national targets.
- Make major contribution to business plans and business cases, ensuring the relevancy and
accuracy of all activity and performance information.
- Identify Information needs, facilitating the flow of information as required by the individual
business/ specialty units.
- Correct use and security of own resources within the workplace.
- Communications and leadership
- Communicate verbally and in writing with staff at all levels both internal and external to the organisation to promote best practice and support the organisation in making informed decisions by the provision of appropriate and relevant information in often challenging environments covering complex, contentious or sensitive topics, including but not limited to process re-design and complex reporting issues.
- Ensuring flexibility in approach, provide expert and specialist information advice on matters in relation to IT or IM&T issues, in supporting potential changes in operational processes, policies and strategies.
- Provide a lead analyst/super user function for reporting tools
- Highly developed persuasive and motivational skills to negotiate timescales with key information users in support of facilitating work streams between the business and the Business Analysts.
- Responsible for developing an Information liaison point of contact between allocated Business Unit Team and Informatics Department. Facilitator for information communication
- Attend local, regional and national meetings and events as necessary.
- Regular verbal presentation of information to the highest level of the organisation.
- Planning and organising
- To develop and ensure implementation/compliance of strategies to enable the effective
functioning of the organisation in a changing environment, responding to both internal and external
pressures in line with, Information Strategy.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of all information requests from the division into the IM&T department, tracking development and ensuring prioritisation of request, user acceptance testing in conjunction with the originating requestor, ensuring the final request output is fit for purpose and meets the Business requirements.
- Apply project management methodologies when relevant. Maintain Prince2 and review departmental methodologies and change management methodologies.
- Partnership working
- Establish effective working relationships with key users to assist in establishing changing demands from internal and external to the organisation.
- Strong time management and workload management skills are needed to coordinate and
prioritise requirements from different specialty/business units.
- Develop an effective working relationship with other Business Information Specialists,
enabling the sharing of knowledge
- Work with colleagues across the organisation to support the achievement of the Trusts
- Analysis and data management
- Responsible for the impact analysis of potential operational changes (outlined by the
operational team) in terms of reporting requirements, Information systems, and ensuring
finance colleagues have the correct information to understand the financial impact.
- Facilitate the implementation of robust process redesign to meet the requirements at an
internal and external level,
- Lead analysis, interpretation and judgement of data to support implementation of strategic
objectives across the organisation, routine statutory tasks and agreed projects or work
- Maintain organisational standards and governance. Enhancing and developing on internal
standards and process.
- Facilitate the assurance and development of complex processes associated with data
acquisition, processing, analysis, report production and interpret/analyse a range of complex
data in a wide, challenging and changing environment are established within the department.
- Promote and maximise the exploitation of internal and external routinely collected data and
current and future sources of data as a basis of decision making.
- Contribute to the future development work within the IM&T Department.
- Research, Development and Audit
- Participate with audits and surveys, facilitating work with researchers as necessary.
- Research and development skills are necessary to build concise and accurate business
cases addressing complex IM&T and problematic key business issues. Identifying and
highlighting any audit needs and recommendations to the business client.
Act as the Division’s local performance information lead ensuring the Division’s requirements are met by the performance management framework and supporting balanced scorecard and business intelligence software.
Work pro-actively to ensure the division is aware of the impact on information by business developments and process changes whilst conversely ensuring the Divisions is fully aware of changes and developments in information systems, policies
Support and co-ordinate the information needs of an assigned corporate function, providing the same level of support as described above for a clinical division. The corporate function may include, for example HR, Finance, Learning and Development or IT itself.
To ensure that all system and software developments follow the department’s agreed development methodology.
Work closely with the Business Analysts to ensure clear agreement on the delivery of
information analysis and agree achievable and clear delivery dates to feed back to the
Responsibilities for Human Resources
- Manage dedicated Analysts within the team.
- Support staff in their professional development, engaging with the Business Intelligence Team Leader for technical IT skills development where required.
- Undertake the performance management of staff through regular 121 meetings and performance appraisals, providing constructive feedback and support.
- Manage staff absences and ensure that staff receive the appropriate level of support ensuring compliance with policies for the management of absences.
- Uses specialist knowledge to train staff, usually at senior levels to use tools and systems to obtain and utilise information.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Excellent analytical and numerical skills
Use to working at senior levels of the organisation
Extensive and detailed knowledge of the information and operational processes
Self motivated with an ability to work individually using own initiative, as well as a member of a team
An excellent understanding of information and Data Standards
A high level of IT literacy
Able to communicate complex issues to a wide audience, both verbally and in writing
Highly developed organisational, communication and timemanagement skills
Experience of working in a relationship role
Excellent customer facing skills
A proactive approach to problem solving in the workplace
Good understanding of local and national information strategies and their implications
Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to achieve deadlines, and respond quickly to change
Demonstrable experience working within a similar area
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications
Good understanding of the principles of Performance Management and data manipulation and analysis and
Demonstrable database skills including SQL.