Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
• Develop and quality assure the Organisation’s Business Intelligence (BI) solution
• To maintain a comprehensive set of technical documentation in relation to the BI solution
• To support, maintain and develop the functions and processes within the BI solution such as SSIS data flows, SSRS / MOPPS dashboard reports, MOSS sites, Infopath forms etc.
• To provide second line helpdesk support for ORBIT
• To provide training and support to ORBIT users and other Information Analysts on new and existing functions
• To maintain the permissions within ORBIT
Business Intelligence Developer Job Description
• Provide training in ORBIT to Executive Directors, Managing Partners, Team Leaders, and staff. The post-holder will be required to travel to all Organisation locations to meet with managers and staff to demonstrate the system. The post holder will also be required to field telephone calls to give advice in relation to the use of ORBIT.
• The post holder will be required to understand, document and explain each aspect of the ORBIT system. In doing this the post-holder will demonstrate well developed technical writing and verbal communication skills in order to convey complex issues in simple terms. The post holder is expected to ensure that technical documentation is up to date at all times, this is a major aspect of the role.
• Manage the change control process for ORBIT. This will involve updating controlled documents and ensuring that all changes are tested thoroughly in the Development environment before updating the Production environment.
• The post holder will pay care and attention to detail as well as use their strong presentational skills in developing and maintaining a consistent and appropriate format and look for the ORBIT system.
• Liaise with contacts including external IT providers and private IT contractors. The post holder will be able to represent the Organisation demonstrating personal integrity and a balanced, politically sensitive and professional approach.
• The post involves providing briefings, both written and verbal, to staff within the Organisation. The post-holder will be able to embrace challenges and objections to the team’s approach to information provision, reversing these through persuasion and resilience, aiming for a positive outcome and agreement.
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
• Education to degree level or equivalent
• Formal training in Microsoft Business Intelligence
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence principles
• Knowledge of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack
• Current knowldege of the targets that apply to the organisation
• Knowledge of industry terminology
• Experience of writing Microsoft T-SQL code
• Experience of developing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services reports
• Experience of developing Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services cubes
• Experience of developing Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services routines
• Experience of developing Microsoft SharePoint 2007
• Experience of project management and planning
• Experience of writing technical documentation
• Experience of working in a mental health organisation
• Use of PRINCE2 methodology
• Experience of working in an information analysis department or equivalent environment.
• Experience of applying the software development lifecycle
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Business Intelligence development skills particularly use of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft Office SharePoint.
• The use of spreadsheets (advanced Excel)
• Delivery of training
• Project management and planning skills
Develop new cubes, dashboards, scorecards and reports using the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MOSS and MOPPS). The post holder will be fluent in these technologies and will be able to develop new elements of the system to best practice methodology. All developments will be undertaken using established quality methods with regard to the software development lifecycle.
• Review and quality assure new and existing elements of the data infrastructure such as stored procedures, SQL scripts and reports. This will involve use of quality management techniques such as the use of quality registers and checklists. To achieve this the post holder will need to appreciate the importance of meticulous adherence to the checking process and have the ability to concentrate on attention to detail for extended periods.