Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Responsible for providing professional expertise to the outcome of the business processes for the Directorate. Will define current processes, facilitate discussions and advise colleagues as to how best practice might be adopted in the definition of future processes, document those processes as they are agreed and oversee their delivery.
Financial and Physical Resources
• Responsible for matching the available budget for each workstream to the appropriate staff resources and projects and for ensuring that the budget breaks even. Co-ordinate the budget, monitoring expenditure against target areas.
• Responsible for supporting the commissioning of projects and procurement of services to support project delivery.
• Provide financial reports to Directorate leads and the CSU Board as required.
• Provide advice and prepare strategic reports and briefings for directors and stakeholders.
• In depth analysis, interpretation and production of complex and multiple reports including financial returns.
• Act in a way that is compliant with Standing Orders and Standing Financial Instructions in the discharge of this responsibility.
• Constantly strive for value for money and greater efficiency in the use of these budgets and to ensure that they operate in recurrent financial balance year on year.
• Support procurement of scoping work and translate outcomes into plans.
• As senior work stream lead working internally and externally to deliver projects, initiatives and services to time and in a cost effective way.
• To support the identification and sharing of best practice in employee engagement.
• To operate in a highly political and sensitive environment.
• Support the portfolio of programmes in demonstrating value for money for the current spend through tracking, managing and delivering agreed benefits.
• Responsible for the day to day range of staff management matters, which will include responsibility for supporting appraisals, development of staff, recruitment and where necessary processes such as grievance and disciplinary matters.
• Responsible for an individual’s development on the job and job performance management. Work in conjunction with line managers and other job managers to assess and manage confidential information about an individual’s performance and capability development.
• Develop the acquisition, organisation, provision and use of knowledge and information.
• Highlight exceptions and risks ensuring mitigating action can be taken to keep the programme on track.
• Drafting reports summarising status on issues, appraising outcomes, and providing progress reports for the Directorate leads.
• Collate as required, qualitative and quantitative information and lead appropriate analysis to develop robust business cases and contribute to project ‘products’.
• Analyse, interpret and present data to highlight issues, risks and support decision making.
Research and Development
• Plan, develop and evaluate methods and processes for gathering, analysing, interpreting and presenting data and information
• Deliver projects to comply with key performance indicators.
• Co-ordinating Research & Development initiatives, delegating as appropriate.
Planning and Organisation:
• Ensure projects and initiatives are delivered on time, to quality standards and in a cost effective manner, adjusting plans as required.
• Determine the strategic planning of Directorate projects, identifying interdependencies across projects/functions, potential impacts on wider organisation, resource requirements and building in contingency and adjustments as necessary.
• Determine the development of performance and governance strategies and the development and implementation of improvement programmes, in accordance with the CSU.
• Determine short, medium and long term business plans, achieving quality outcomes.
Policy and Service Development:
• To carry responsibility for developing policy and procedure in the area the job holder is currently working on at a point in time, including briefings, commissioning, business or resources.
• Responsible for proposing and drafting changes, implementation and interpretation to policies, guidelines and service level agreements (SLA’s) which may impact within the Directorate.
• Proposes changes to own project and making recommendations for other projects delivery.
Knowledge, Training and Experience
Educated to masters level or equivalent level of experience of working at a senior level in specialist area.
Extensive knowledge of specialist areas, acquired through post graduate diploma or equivalent experience or training plus further specialist knowledge or experience to master’s level equivalent
Evidence of post qualifying and continuing professional development
Must have an understanding of the background to and aims of current healthcare policy in London and appreciate the implications of this on engagement
Member of relevant professional body
Developed communication skills for delivering key messages to a range of stakeholders both internal and external (including outside the NHS) to the organisation, some at very senior level.
Good presentational skills for conveying complex concepts.
Ability to use informed persuasion to influence others.
Analytical Ability to identify risks, anticipate issues and create solutions and to resolve problems in relation to project or service delivery.
Ability to understand a broad range of complex information quickly and making decisions where opinions differ/no obvious solution
Evidence of planning and delivering programmes and projects and services on time.
Management Skills Abilities for financial and staff management
Free job description Business Intelligence Projects