Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Business & Investment Executive Job Description
The post of Business & Investment Executive sits within the Investment Finance unit.
The role will work closely with the genre investment teams, C&P Finance, other C&P Departments as providing a link between other trading areas and independent production companies.
1. Investment Proposals
- Proactively preparing investment proposals for Board submission (analysing distribution revenue to determine investment amount; comparing performance measures to benchmarks; producing narratives through discussion with Directors / Commercial Executives)
- Working with relevant contacts in the trading divisions to ensure their investment benchmarks are reflected and the respective finance representatives hold correct investment data
- Inputting into development and revisions of analysis models with Head of Business Management and Head of Investment Operations
- Providing operational support to the genre Investment teams for various funding strategy projects
- To prepare and submit Post Investment Reviews for investments.
- To provide regular reporting to the CIC board
- To be responsible for providing accurate and timely ROI reporting, and undertake the business approval process for Indie Statements, to 3rd party producers and talent as appropriate.
2. Investment Budgets
- Proactively contributing to the management of the cross company investment budgets
- Reporting on current position of cash and commitment figures to C&P Finance and Treasury
- Inputting into strategies around how to achieve targets
- Proactively managing the investment payment process (via SAP)
- Assisting in management of the relationships with Commercial Agency, Indies, Steria, and the trading divisions
- Assisting with the replication of the C&P investment process in other trading areas
4. Analysis of Historical Information
- Providing ad hoc profitability reports to various users and decision makers
. BBCW Self-Created Content
- Working to the Investment Managers as they provide guidance to wholly-owned production bases around bringing self-created content into the catalogue, and acting as a point person in this process
6. IT SuperUser
- Acting as SuperUser and information gatekeeper for CILS, SPIN, SAP, and InfoCentre. Liaise with the IT department to ensure the smooth running and continuing development of ROI.
- Providing meaningful information to various users in the business
- Providing guidance to relevant parties regarding the production and investment process
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the relevant IT systems
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the Indie Portal
8. Ad hoc projects
- Supporting the Head of Business Management / Investment Operations on an ad hoc basis with trade fair preparation, presentation creation, information requests, and other business requirements.
- To deputise for the Head of Business Management
This role will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Excellent communication skills with a diverse range of business users both verbally and in written form
- Prior media experience, with knowledge of rights / IP issues
- Numerate with experience of using spreadsheets to a high level of proficiency
- Strong IT skills particularly Excel; ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to manage busy workload with minimal supervision
- Proven initiative and an eye for detail
- Good organisational skills and a flexible attitude are required to respond to rapidly changing priorities and to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- The ability to develop an understanding of all the different areas of the business and to respect confidentiality and discretion.
- Quick learner, flexible, professional and prepared to work to own initiative
- Patient, considerate and empathetic approach to dealing with people. Good head for problem solving.
- The ability to communicate and influence people from various technical backgrounds and at all levels of seniority
- Advanced knowledge of Access, Excel and Crystal is essential.