Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To deliver an excellent and progressive Business & Financial Service, providing strategic direction, leadership and support as part of the Management Team.
To play a significant part in influencing organisational culture and business change within the company establishing linkages between finance and resources, efficiency management and productivity.
Management and scrutiny of bids including exit strategy, ensuring that the activities proposed are in line
with the company priorities and that the performance outcomes are realistic and
9. To promote and ensure adherence to the organisational financial management standards, implement
business recommendations from Audit and Inspection bodies and regularly review the management of
assets, financial resources, processes and procedures to safeguard company resources and ensure their
Business Manager job description
10. Provide a professional input to the strategic management of the company through active participation on various company projects
11. To ensure systems are in place to facilitate the effective management of significant business risks,
working with senior management to ensure they are recorded on the risk register and appropriate action
is taken to manage them.
12. Ensure the effective management and control of Estates and Facilities Management Health and Safety
issues, including the production and monitoring of annual Health and Safety Inspection Programme for
the Department(s). Working closely with the HR Manager to ensure health & safety issues identified are addressed in a timely and cost effective manner and attend health & safety meetings and user groups as and when required.
Business Manager job description
A fully qualified (CCAB) Accountant, (or relevant business masters degree/equivalent qualification
such as an MBA with finance specialism), who has a minimum of five years post-qualification
experience of working as part of a senior management team in a large and complex business that
has a performance driven approach to resource management. The post holder will manage budgets
of between 15m and 50m and will advise on maximising and increasing productivity and
1. To act quickly and pragmatically under pressure to prioritise and resolve technical faults and problems.
2. To simplify and systematically analyse and evaluate technical problems.
3. Willingness to take initiative, originate action and be responsible for consequent decisions.
4. To communicate clearly with a range of people at different levels of the organisation and explain and discuss technical issues using a range of styles, tools and techniques.
5. To work in a manner in keeping with the station values.
6. To engage with the needs of production and operational departments.
7. To effectively plan, prioritise and co-ordinate own and other’s activities.
8. To assess and advise on the technical quality of vision, audio and data in line with company guidelines.
9. To work in a team, and lead teams.
1. Relevant engineering qualifications or demonstrable practical experience.
2. An understanding of radio and television and the associated transmission and carrier systems.
3. Understanding of personal computers, servers, IT systems and networks.
4. A keen interest in broadcast technology, its development and application in the regions.
5. An understanding of current and relevant health and safety legislation particularly electrical safety.
1. Experience of working in a broadcast technology (or similar) environment.
2. An interest in the creative elements of broadcasting.
Free job description Business Manager
objectives and plans to promote and support a robust business management culture within the organisation, preparing papers and reports for Senior Managers and other stakeholders that support improved performance and long-term decision making.
5. Identify key outputs that drive performance across the company and develop systems to measure them to provide clarity of how resource usage is delivering productivity and performance
outcomes enabling financial management information to be aligned to key objectives.
6. Coordinate the production and development of a realistic local business plan and be accountable for the
management and monitoring of the objectives in it.
Lead the budget setting process for the
Department integrating it with the business planning cycle and ensuring that any inherent financial risk is manageable locally and will not jeopardise the financial health of the organisation.
Business Manager job description
7. Manage the Departmental Budgets ensuring that all income and expenditure is properly
planned, producing short and medium term forecasts of income and expenditure to reflect business
activity. Present reports in accordance with agreed timescales to the Senior Management Team and the
Head of Finance including recommendations and actions required to address issues identified.
8. Governance of all aspects of the financial management of external funding arrangements, including coordination
with external agencies and Crime and Disorder Partners to maximise income / sponsorship.
To ensure that company resource management supports the organisation`s strategic aims and objectives
1. To participate in the company performance review process and take responsibility for identifying your own professional and
career development needs.
2. To undertake regular appraisals of your staff in accordance with the policy and take responsibility for helping to address their professional and career development needs.
3. Advise and influence senior management, stakeholders and operational managers to make and
implement decisions to improve performance by providing challenges and insight through the interpretation of management information
4. Lead and influence the development of strategies,