Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Business Systems Analyst job description
To be responsible for ensuring that ICT Services are fulfilling business requirements by undertaking analysis of customer’s needs and investigation of options to enhance business effectiveness. Liase with customers to define and scope specific projects, advising of the ICT implications of requirements, timescales and impacts.
• Investigate and evaluate options to enhance business effectiveness. Evaluate impact of changes to IS processes or infrastructure.
• Make recommendations based on the results of appropriate, effective evaluation.
Liase with customers regarding specific Project requirements
• Estimate initial project resource requirements based on project definition and scope, using relevant experience from other projects and applying industry best practice;
• Prepare initial project outline in conjunction with customer. Provide initial estimate of likely timescales (both pre-project and actual project states), taking into account other commitments that will impact on the project;
• Write the project definition and scope in a way that can be understood by the business customer, and which can be used by the ICT Services. Advise customer and business units on the ICT implications of their requirements;
• Provide business impact analysis on any proposed changes to the original agreed specifications;
• Investigate, analyse and specify any changes to the original specification through GHA IS Change Control Standards. Appraise senior managers of impacts on the business;
• Draw up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems;
• Produce project feasibility reports and present proposals to clients;
• Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction;
• Ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines met.
Provision of a support service
• Provide customers and business units with assistance and ICT advice, based on an analysis of requirements;
• Draw up testing schedules for new systems;
• Oversee the implementation of new systems;
• Plan and work flexibly to deadlines for new system implementation;
• Ensure co-ordinated deployment of user systems to support the rolling upgrade and maintenance programmes required to support
Communications & Training
• Development and implementation of ad-hoc reports and data extracts to agreed customer specification using report generating tools and database query languages;
• Development of standardised report templates for recurring or common reports;
• Compile user manuals in an easy to read format for customers;
• Provide training to users of a new system;
• Keeping up to date with technical and industry sector developments
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS LEVEL:
• Educated to Degree level in an appropriate subject, or equivalent experience
• ISEB or equivalent Business Analysis qualification is desirable, as are Microsoft certifications
• Previous considerable Business Analysis lead role experience (5 years) in a large enterprise environment
• Understanding of application architecture and development of .NET platform
• Good understanding of the ITIL framework
• Strong influencing skills
• Excellent communication and customer facing skills
• Team oriented approach to work but able to work under own initiative
• Good interpersonal skills
• Self motivated
• Flexible approach to work
• Ability to resolve problems in a professional manner
• Can lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus
SCOPE OF JOB:
• Analysis of Customer’s requirements in relation to ICT
• Planning and implementation of specific ICT projects
• Provision of a support service
• Communications & Training
Analysis of customer’s requirements in relation to ICT services
• Undertake analysis of customer business requirements and production of a Business Requirements Specification;
• Ensuring that the business requirements meet the set criteria;
• Analyse clients' existing systems and identify options for potential solutions, assessing them for both technical and business suitability;
• Translate client requirements into highly specified project briefs;
• Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.