Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free job description C# ASP.NET Developer
Work within the Development team, assigned to a dedicated business area, works on projects developing efficient and effective software solutions.
Responsible for the production of software and the translation of specifications into physical software assets.
Provide expertise in all aspects of development.
• Only use approved technologies when developing systems and adhere to department, industry and regulatory standards. Integrate systems using the Technology division’s standards on Service-Oriented Architecture
• Keep abreast of industry developments and technologies and share ideas and best practice with other team members to improve skills
• Provide 3rd line support for web applications, services and integration components, including analysis, tracking and resolution. Take pro-active ownership of support tasks and see them through to completion
• Use Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) techniques and produce high quality code that is clean and readable, and avoids “code smells” and anti-patterns
• Report progress on development at daily stand-ups and escalate issues or slippage in a timely fashion, identifying remedial action to keep the project on track
• Contribute to the design of software systems by bringing in fresh thinking and offering constructive feedback
• Ensure all development goes through appropriate approval and test processes and has a comprehensive release plan for promotion into live and hand-over to operational support
• Work independently or as part of a team as the work requires. Participate fully in team planning and work with colleagues to continuously improve the team’s performance
• Create and maintain strong working relationships with other members of the delivery team and the wider technology organisation. Engage professionally with customers and suppliers as required
• Accurately estimate the time and materials required to complete a piece of development work
• Share & document system and domain knowledge to eliminate single points of failure
• Substantial experience of development in a dynamic environment with a cost-aware culture
• Ability to understand business requirements and creative BizTalk integration solutions that work within the technical boundaries
• Excellent working knowledge of C# ASP.NET with MVC Framework
• Experience of working with XML/XSLT, ORMs and MS SQLServer (or similar relational database)
• Experience of Test Driven Development
• A good understanding of automated acceptance testing
• A good understanding of OO analysis and OO design
• Experience of working in an Agile / Lean software development environment, with some pair-programming and continuous integration
• Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
• Capable of reasoning and thinking through problems and developing desired solutions, independently or with others as required
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Experience of the full software development life cycle including design, testing, deployment, documentation and support activities
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Good attention to detail
Develop web applications, services and integration components in Microsoft C# ASP.Net (and other technologies incl. MVC Framework, Fluid nHibernate, MS SQLServer T-SQL, XML/XSLT, Ruby) that meet the requirements of user stories, acceptance criteria and technical specifications
• Ensure development takes into account all aspects of design requirements - e.g. data quality, customer experience, architecture, security & operations - so that software is fit for purpose when it goes live
• Demonstrate a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritisation. Work within project timelines and budgets. Be able to organise own time, schedule tasks for completion and deliver work to that schedule