Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Experience working in a customer service environment.
Previous office/administrative experience
Experience of computer data entry
Customer service skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Ability to prioritise workload
Ability to remain calm in a crisis
Ability to greet customers in a polite and friendly manner
Ability to listen carefully and record information accurately
Ability to deal effectively with difficult/stressed customers
Ability to follow policies and guidelines
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
Knowledge of data protection act
Ability to work a range of shift types and be flexible to the needs of the service.
Ability to commute to work during unsocial hours
Call Handler job description
To deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the Out of hours service. To deliver an efficient appointments service for face to face consultations in accordance with agreed protocols.
The post holder will be responsible for the prioritisation of presenting clinical symptoms, supported by decision support software throughout a 24 hour period. This will include the transfer of patient calls to the appropriate endpoint and the giving of appropriate advice.
1. The assessment of patients needs supported by local policies and Decision support computer software to ensure that patients are prioritised appropriately and directed to the correct end point.
2. Liaising with other agencies and healthcare providers to ensure patients are appropriately directed.
3. Utilisation of communication skills in management of challenging calls and child protection concerns.
4. To keep accurate records of clinical enquiries to the service.
5. To adhere to, and maintain an up to date, knowledge local policies and procedures.
6. Have knowledge of escalation policies and emergency procedures as necessary.
7. To inform the Operations Manager any issue affecting service delivery, at the time the issue is highlighted.
8. Support the implementation of new policies and procedures as required
9. To maintain a healthy and safe work environment for self and colleagues.
10. To work co-operatively within the organisation, sharing and utilising areas of knowledge and skills to enhance patient care. To display effective keyboard and work processing skills by:
- Utilising, with no errors, the database system used to log callers’ details and requests.
- Creating and storing, as required, standardised letter in the house style.
- Retaining a good level of keyboard skills (20 words per minute) with no errors on mail leaving your service.
- Collaborating with co-workers to establish and maintain a recognised filing system for word-processed documentation.
11. To perform general administrative duties, when workload permits, by:
- Filing hard copy files using established system.
- Undertaking basic word processing – this may include tables and graphs
- Using photocopier and fax facilities effectively.
12. To assist with the call monitoring system by:
- Supporting colleagues understand the call monitoring system.
- Ensuring your personal call reports are kept up to date.
- Providing caller reports to your line manager, as and when requested.
- Share “praise” letters and incidents with the team.
13. Reflect the diversity of needs in healthcare communities by utilising all available resources to facilitate access to the service where there are barriers to communication and understanding, e.g. text phone, interpretation services.
14. Actively participate in continuous quality improvement measures including self-review.
15. To support line management through undertaking additional delegated administrative tasks when required to support effective service delivery, e.g. entering information onto existing databases.
16. To work within the integrated governance process at LCW and comply with its requirements..
17. Identify and highlight appropriately any issues regarding a vulnerable child or adult.
18. To provide simple health information advice in line with ORGANISATION policies and approved sources.
19. To ensure appropriate and effective communication links with other providers and services.
20. Communicate with other service providers about issues concerning patient care.
21. To participate in the patient/professional feedback process, including complaints/ compliments/incidents.
22. To report equipment, IT and Telephony failures as necessary to the Operations Manager.
23. Engage with and undertake Personal Development, Education & Training
24. To participate in own development and appraisal, identifying areas of need for personal development in order to meet with service requirements.