Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
• Assists with preparation and serving of light snacks and nutritious drinks.
• Helps to ensure that individual dietary needs are adhered to.
• Assists with lifting, turning, moving and re-positioning of patients/residents using appropriate equipment.
• Assists patients/residents with walking and limb exercises.
• Assists with safe transfer of patients/residents from bed to chair in accordance with Our Lady's Hospice Manual Handling Policy.
• Assists with pressure sore prevention.
• Assists with and accompanies patients/residents to other departments and/or Hospitals.
• Assists patients/residents with achieving or maximising independence where applicable.
• Helps promote interpersonal relationships with patients/residents, their families, peers and colleagues.
• Helps to provide recreational and conversational support for patients/residents.
• Ensures patient/resident confidentiality at all times.
• Assists with Last Offices.
Maintaining A Safe Environment:
• Make occupied and unoccupied beds.
• Move and clean beds within ward as required.
• Assist with cleaning of sluice rooms, bathrooms, ward area and ward equipment.
• Delivers specimens to laboratory collection point.
• Ensures that all linen is labelled and disposed of according to policy and linen cupboards are kept tidy and stocked.
• Assists with sorting/storing of linen and labelling/storage of patient’s clothes and belongings.
• Assist with maintaining a clean environment on discharge/transfer of patients/residents.
The Care Assistant is responsible for assisting with the provision of individualised patient care while under the supervision, direction and guidance of a Registered Nurse and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Activities of Daily Living
• Assists patients/residents with hygiene needs at the bedside or in the bathroom.
• Observe Skin condition and report and abnormalities to the nurse in charge
• Assists patients/residents with dressing and grooming in accordance with individual preference.
• Assists patients/residents with the use of commodes, bedpans urinals and toilets.
• Empties urine drainage bags and records urine and bowel output.
• Assists in the promotion of continence.
• Assists patients/residents at meal times and ensure patients/residents individual needs are met e.g. by collecting menus.
• Assists with distribution and collection of meal trays.
Experience Demonstrate a knowledge/interest in working in a healthcare setting
Demonstrate an ability to carry out the function of a care assistant as outlined in the job description.
Demonstrate an understanding of the application of the core values
High level of English language & numeracy skill.
Have the ability to evaluate and judge situations.
Demonstrate awareness of limitations.
Have the ability to work as part of a team and alone, with minimal supervision.
Display awareness of line management.
Demonstrate flexibility with regard to work duties and working hours.
Have the ability to respond to changing circumstances.
Demonstrate a commitment to assuring high standards and strive for a patient/resident centred service.
Display an interest in the three specialities.
Demonstrate awareness of Health and Safety issues.
Demonstrate knowledge and awareness of need to respect patients/residents’ and staff privacy.
• Reports/informs ward sister or her deputy when arriving/leaving the ward.
• Reports any unusual occurrence to the ward manager/nurse in charge e.g. pain, distress.
• Delivers and collects ward messages as directed by ward sister/deputy.
• Answers telephone and locate appropriate personnel when necessary.
• Participates in internal rotation including day, evening, night-duty.
• Be prepared to work in other ward areas when this may be necessary to meet the needs of the service.
• Performs any other appropriate duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by designated nurse manager.
Health and Safety
• Be familiar with Hospice policies, practices and procedures.
• To adhere to the policies and procedures laid down in the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 1989 and 2005.
• To maintain a safe work environment in co-operation with the Hospice Management Team and with reference to the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 1989.
• To work in a safe manner with due care and attention to safety of self and other authorised persons in the workplace.
• To report immediately to the Supervisor / Deputy any accidents or incidents involving patients/residents, staff or members of the public.
• Attend to spillages immediately to reduce the risk of accidents/cross contamination.
• To practice high standards of personal hygiene including the wearing of proper attire, grooming, etc.
• Comply with the Infection Control Policy e.g. Hand washing, isolation room procedures, use of personal protective equipment (gloves, aprons, visors)
• Use correct procedures for barrier nursing and strict adherence to Hospital infection control protocol on entering / leaving isolation rooms.
• Maintain a clean environment with due consideration to Health and Safety issues
• Wash and disinfect mattresses / fire blankets / commodes / bedpans / receptacles / patient pillows / leg rests / bed cradles / catheter stands / NG tube stands / suction equipment and receptacles in accordance to Hospital Infection control policy
• Ensure that linen cupboards and store areas are kept tidy and stocked
• Assist with the disposal of clinical waste as per hospital guidelines
• Ensure that used linen is placed into correct laundry bags and securely tied
• Assist in the maintenance of ward cleanliness as per SJH / local standards.
• Ensure that sluice rooms are kept clean and tidy
• Ensure that patients’ wash basins are cleaned daily as per infection control guidelines
• Record care provided on resident/patient flow charts as directed e.g. daily activity, intake and output, PAL assessments.
• Maintain accurate cleaning schedules as per infection control policies.
• To adhere to Departmental policies at all times.
• To work under the direction of a qualified member of staff at all times
• To report back to a qualified member of staff following attending patient/resident’s care
• To Act in such a manner as to safeguard the interests and well being of patients/residents
• To perform such other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager or a nominee.
• To ensure confidentiality in all matters of information obtained during the course of employment.
• To be aware of current developments and issues in health care by reading current literature and keeping abreast of new developments, attending ‘in-house’ seminars, lectures and courses when possible and as appropriate in consultation with your head of Department.
• To assume responsibility for his/her own professional development and safe work practice
• To ensure a safe environment for himself/herself, colleagues and visitors.
• To ensure confidentiality on all matters and information obtained during the course of employment.
• To have a working knowledge of Our Lady’s Hospice ltd. policies.
• To present and act in a professional manner at all times and ensure colleagues do likewise.