Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
The role of Category Manager involves managing allocated spend within the technology category, contributing to the strategy for the procurement and development of the category, and delivering a range of category objectives, including financial savings and optimisation of the P2P process.
You’ll manage the category supplier relationships, undertaking market and contract reviews, including the timely maintenance of e-catalogues, and take an influential role in discrete procurement projects through to completion, working closely with client teams and other areas of Finance.
To succeed in this role, you’ll be an action orientated, commercially focused individual with substantial relevant experience and category knowledge, particularly within the ICT equipment marketplace. You’ll ideally be professionally qualified e.g. MCIPS, and have an in depth understanding and application of legal issues such as EU Public Procurement Regulations, Fair Trade etc. Strong interpersonal skills/ influencing skills with the ability to develop/maintain relationships with key stakeholders is also required.
Key qualities of the individual
• Ideally professionally qualified e.g. MCIPS (or at final stages of qualification)
• Strong academic record
• A good theoretical and practical understanding of procurement including tendering, negotiation and contract management.
• In depth understanding and application of legal issues: EU Public Procurement Regulations; Contract Law; Fair Trade etc. Substantial relevant experience.
• Good category knowledge, particularly within the ICT or broadcast equipment, marketplace. Substantial relevant experience.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop/maintain relationships, particularly with key stakeholders.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral
• Good financial awareness and project management skills
• Proven track record of delivery
• Strong team player
Free job description Category Manager Technology Sourcing
Procurement is responsible for optimising the way in which the company engages with its suppliers to deliver value for money, simplify processes, appropriate service levels, reduce risks and develop successful relationships. Working as a Category Manager within the team, you will take an influential role in ensuring that Procurement activities are carried out in a sustainable way.
• Managing the category supplier relationships, undertaking market and contract reviews, including the timely maintenance of e-catalogues
• Representing company Procurement in both the internal and external markets
• Managing allocated spend within the technology category.
• Contributing to the strategy for the procurement and development of the category.
• Influencing key stakeholders and customers.
• Delivering a range of category objectives, including financial savings and optimisation of the P2P process