Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
The catering manager will lead the catering service, ensuring a high quality of service and food provision for hospitality and staff & visitor catering. The catering manager is a key member of the senior management team with responsibility for all aspects of the catering department.
1. The catering manager will manage the production kitchen, restaurant and other food outlets to provide a high quality service to staff and visitors ensuring appropriate nutritional values and food choices are achieved.
2. The catering manager is responsible for ensuring that processes are in place to enable the recruitment, training and appraisal of all catering staff and will be required to deliver a staff development programme with particular focus on customer care, health & safety, hygiene and compliance with the company’s mandatory training requirements.
3. The catering manager is responsible for the management of the £1m catering expenditure and for the identification and delivery of cost and service improvement schemes.
4. The catering manager will support the senior management team in the development and implementation of the overall catering strategy to improve quality and reduce the direct service costs to the company.
1. The Catering Manager has a wide range of responsibilities for ensuring the effective development and operation of the Catering department and its outlets.
2. There is a strong performance management element to this post and it will require development and continuous review of Company wide operational policies and SLA’s. A combination of transformational change and robust transactional processes will be required to improve the catering services experience.
3. One of the key responsibilities will be to lead, direct and be accountable for the delivery of the service across all areas. The catering manager will be expected to lead by example, particularly with respect to behaviour and customer care.
4. To set staff rotas, and to be responsible for the development and implementation of strong and effective performance management systems that assures the delivery of the services targets and objectives
5. To requisition all food and non-food stocks required for the production kitchen which includes stock held by central stores and fresh goods ordered by the catering office.
6. To generate interesting and varied menus with respect to end user requirements to meet service needs for staff, functions and hospitality.
7. To ensure strict adherence to portion control and the use of standard recipes.
8. To undertake regular seasonal changes to standard menu’s considering nutritional values and the cultural / choice requirements of patients and customers.
9. To ensure temperature monitoring is carried out and documented according to current legislation and appropriate action taken when required throughout all catering functions including main kitchen, Staff Restaurant
Catering Manager job description
Previous experience in a Catering Manager position.
Commercial or NHS catering experience at management level including developing & reviewing operational policies and SLA’s
Experience of transformational change
Personality and Personnel Attributes
Clean, smart, good communicator, enthusiastic with a pleasant disposition.
Diplomatic and assertive.
Ability to lead and motivate a large team.
Aptitudes and Skills
Methodical in record keeping in a similar setting.
Excellent culinary knowledge
Working knowledge of Food Safety including HACCP and COSHH
Ability to communicate changes in legislation and food safety requirements to team members.
Ability to evaluate and implement strategic plans for the advancement of the services.
Degree, a higher national diploma (HND)/BTEC/EDEXCEL or an equivalent Institute of Hospitality qualification or relevant experience in a similar post
GCSE in English and Mathematics
Highly literate and numerate
Further Training and Knowledge
CIEH Food Hygiene Management level 4 / Institute of Environmental Health Officers (IEHO) advanced level or similar qualification
10. To ensure monitoring and recording of food waste, temperature records are carried out and take appropriate action when required.
11. To ensure all kitchen staff comply with current food hygiene legislation which includes the Food Safety Act 1990 and Food Safety Regulations 1995 in all activities undertaken.
12. To ensure all kitchen staff comply with COSHH regulations when using chemicals in any activity undertaken, in particular to use protective clothing provided and use chemicals as trained updating the local Risk Register when required.
13. Responsible for policy implementation, monitoring and development of the policy for the Catering Department and implement legislative changes relating to all aspects of food purchase, storage and production and service.
14. To take responsibility and work with the Head Chef to ensure that the rota for chefs and kitchen porters is produced in advance and delegate work effectively to these staff.
15. Ensuring an excellent front line customer care service particularly relating to back bar services.
16. To oversee and manage all function and hospitality work, imparting necessary skills to more junior members of staff.
17. To chair and actively take part in regular meetings looking at and reviewing quality standards and improvements with the aim of achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
18. To directly line manage the Restaurant Manager and Head Chef. The level and number of direct reports may vary as the service adapts to meet the needs of the organisation.
19. Hold regular team meetings for all staff employed within the Catering service to assign duties and disseminate relevant information.
20. To take a proactive role in the review of the service following end user surveys, audits or complaint responses.
21. To be involved in the process of maintaining and updating contingency plans for any major loss of service and operational risk assessments.
22. To carry out regular audits of the company’s catering outlets and lead visits made by external bodies including Environmental Health.
23. To recruit, select, train and monitor the performance of catering staff carrying out annual appraisals.
24. To undertake hospital and departmental training as directed, this may include training off site.
1. To administer the hospitality and function services. This includes dealing with all enquiries, the taking and communication/typing of bookings, invoicing and ordering all food and disposable stocks.
2. To be the budget holder of the catering service, verifying and approving the payment of invoices.
3. To record annual leave, sickness and absence from the workplace, carrying out return to work interviews and instigating further action when required.
4. To carry out a daily read of the staff restaurant tills using the Menumark system.
5. To operate Menumark in respect of all aspects of stock control, including receipt of goods, menu collation, costing and production planning.
6. To cost all hospitality and operational functions and provide a monthly summary report.
7. Complete invoice request forms for chargeable hospitality and journal requests for charging of internal hospitality including but not restricted to educational courses and functions funded by the Special Companyees.
8. To provide a monthly summary of income generated in the Staff Restaurant, vending machines and the Cafeteria
9. To ensure that appropriate verification systems are in place to accommodate filling of goods in date, removal of out of date stock, removal and banking of cash where appropriate, cleaning and recharging of goods to appropriate departments etc. To maintain a register of machine contracts and locations.
10. To ensure that up to date monthly reports of the KPI’s are presented at the Facilities Management Meetings.
11. To complete regular supplier reviews to gauge both quality and price of produce. To produce documentary evidence of this and follow up findings with product testing and supplier visits if necessary.
12. Implementation of new suppliers on the grounds of price and quality.
13. Planning and marketing of promotional events i.e. theme days, product promotion events.
14. Assist in the induction and training of staff following safe working practices. Ensuring that staff use of machinery and equipment materials is correct and the procedures are safe and that the completing all individual training records and the competency matrix.
15. To produced departmental policies and SLA’s in line with legislative guidelines and communication to all stakeholders.
16. Conduct yourself in a manner that leads by example of behaviour and timekeeping. Advise and support other areas working in the catering service.
17. To comply at all times with the requirements of the Health & Safety regulations and to take responsibility for the health and safety and welfare of others in the working environment.