Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
the post is responsible for the delivery of Change and Release Management for the following functions:
• To be responsible for all Change Management activities, to include new business planning, Change Advisory Board (CAB). The production of management information, Request for Changes (RFCs) and a change schedule.
• To manage the implementation of project and ICT related change programmes and assess impact on the user base.
• To lead changes of approach, systems and processes within, as a result of which staff at all levels of the department retain “ownership” of processes and see them as a positive contribution to their work.
• To be responsible for the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
• To advise and asses the impact of transformation projects on Service Delivery.
• Ensure all transformation projects adhere to a strict change control process to minimise any adverse affects to the working environment and its end users.
• Accountable for maintaining the integrity of all IT system environments by ensuring strict release and change processes are followed by development and support teams throughout the release cycle.
• Accountable for ensuring that resources are efficiently utilised by integrating and prioritising development and maintenance environments and usage requirements into schedules of change for all shared environments aligned to an agreed release cycle.
Essential Skills & Experience
Qualifications & Training:
Degree level in an IT or related subject
GCSE Mathematics and English grade C or higher
An exceptional candidate, who can provide evidence of employment in a Public Sector or Corporate IT environment as a Systems Administrator and with the relevant knowledge and experience listed below, may be considered.
IT related qualification such as: MCSE, CNE, CCNA
Management qualification, e.g. NVQ4 or equivalent
ITIL Framework Awareness
Highly developed specialist knowledge (to Masters degree level or equivalent) of small/mid-range/large hardware, operating systems and applications software ( > 5 years)
Understanding of Acute, Mental Health and Primary Care IT and Information issues
National Programme for IT and Connecting for Health objectives
Excellent knowledge of network and system products and technologies e.g. TCP/IP, MS SQL
Current developments in Information and Communications technology
Performance monitoring in IT
Network design and configuration
Data Protection Act 1998 and Caldicott requirements
Understanding of the NHS Information Governance framework, Data Protection Act and Caldicott requirements, and general awareness of Security and Confidentiality issues
Significant experience Configuration Management, ideally in the NHS (minimum of 3 years)
Experience in Operating Infrastructures
Contract negotiation with external system suppliers
Significant experience of Database Software
Significant experience with Data Metrics
Aware of Application System
Aware of Application Development Tools
Current developments in information and communications technology.
Experience in managing IT Projects.
Experience in writing strategies and options appraisals
Risk Assessment and Management
Excellent interpersonal communication skills
Ability to clearly communicate very detailed IM&T information to peer groups
Able to work in a team with good interpersonal skills including tact and discretion
Analytical & Judgement Skills:
Analyse, investigate and resolve complex IT queries, where there are a range of options
Planning & Organising Skills:
Be able to plan and organise complex programmes of IT implementation
Accurately follow documented procedures
Ability to work to deadlines
Able to work under own initiative
Advanced Keyboard skills
Current driving licence
Ability to manipulate tools and equipment accurately
Able to remain calm under pressure
Change and Release Manager Job Description
• Monitor and document the reporting, investigation and outcome (i.e. clearance, cancellation or concession) of all defects and problems reported against the CI.
• Ensures that necessary data are available for use by the problem management function within ICT and others carrying out investigations and ensuing actions.
• Monitor and document the analysis, implementation, review and test of proposed changes to all CI and structures, linking them to defects/problems reported where applicable.
• Monitor and document re-releases of changed items, ensuring that necessary data are available for use by those carrying out analyses and ensuing actions.
• Maintain a document reference library, ensuring that current and archived versions of document CI are available for reference by all authorised personnel.
• To ensure all new business and alterations to existing business go through the change management process.
• Produces schedules of requests for change (RFCs) for managing changes to the live infrastructure.
• To provide professional advice to senior management staff within BHRUT and customer organisations on the options and consequences regarding programmes of change.
• To ensure the defined Change and Configuration Management processes and procedures are adhered to by staff carrying out their tasks.
• To continuously evaluate the existing processes and procedures to ensure that Change and Configuration Management is being carried out in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Output directorate requirements for the development and implementation of National and Local IT strategies.
• Ensure appropriate testing and regression plans are in place for all RFC’s.
• To reduce any adverse impact of change on the business.
• To chair the CAB meetings ensuring that changes are expedited to maintain the required infrastructure including escalation where necessary.
• To undertake such projects of a level commensurate with the responsibility of the post, as designated by the Heads of Business Solutions and ICT.
• To conform with NHS, DoH standards and guidelines with respect to information systems.
To define the scope of the Change Management processes, function, configuration items to be controlled, and the information that is to be recorded.
• To take responsibility, where necessary, for the development of the change programmes ensuring best fit for the organisation.
• To develop, document and publish Change and Release Management standards, Change and Release Management plans and procedures, ensuring that these documents are updated as and when appropriate.
• To be responsible for Configuration Management; develop, document and publish the standards and ensure the database (CMDB) is fully updated. This is to be undertaken in liaison with the Operational and Development Support team within ICT.
• Uses the appropriate operating systems, hardware, tools and/or paper documents to maintain the configuration management system, including the configuration management database (CMDB).
• Ensures that necessary data, forms and configuration items (CI) are available for use by all authorised personnel.
• Monitor and document baselines and releases of CI for formal test and delivery, ensuring that necessary data are available for use by those producing and/or using the baselined CI.