Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions-medical careers, medical software, doctor jobs
Charge Nurse job description
To function as an competent clinical practitioner within their designated clinical area. To deliver direct patient care whilst, co-ordinating and overseeing nursing/theatre practice.
To be responsible for ensuring the delivery of clinical activities during their span of duty.
To ensure that there is efficient and effective utilisation of resources to deliver optimum quality care to their client group.
2. To ensure that staff have a clear understanding of their duties and responsibilities and of the standards of performance and conduct expected of them during their span of duty
3. To organise their team on a daily basis deploying staff appropriately according to their skills and experience.
4. To ensure that maximum usage of available bed base is always maintained by utilising agreed operational strategies to facilitate appropriate admissions, and timely discharge to meet the delivery of the EDD process and Nurse led discharge.
5. In conjunction with the ward manager receive the calls, where applicable, from the care co-ordinator centre and liase with appropriate staff to co-ordinate admissions into the ward /department
6. To deputise for ward/ department manager as necessary.
7. In conjunction with the ward manager take responsibility for implementing and reviewing clinical practices to ensure that they are cost effective.
8. To contribute towards the new ways of working which support Divisional and corporate objectives and improvement programmes .
9. To be an authorised signatory for stock orders, staff time sheets and expenses.
10. To support the Ward/ department in promoting new ways of working which support and contribute towards Divisional and corporate objectives and improvement programmes .
11. To work with all members of the multi professional team to develop services to ensure the effective provision of all aspects of clinical care are maintained at a high standard.
Professional /technical Qualifications
RGN, Paediatric specialties RSCN, Operating Theatres RGN or Registered ODP.
Evidence of Continuing Professional development/qualification relevant to area of speciality. *
Experience and Knowledge
Must have recent post registration experience in the relevant speciality or equivalent. Such experience would usually but not exclusively be achieved over a period of time with appropriate experience having been acquired to be able to demonstrate:-
• High level clinical skills and knowledge.
• Evidence of successfully co-ordinating, managing and leading the team on a day to day basis.
• Teaching ability.
• Experience in undertaking preceptor/mentor role.
• Involvement in Nursing Audit and Research.
• An awareness and understanding of policy and practice relevant to speciality.
Skills and Ability
• Ability to work and communicate effectively within a multidisciplinary team setting.
• Evidence of excellent communication skills including verbal, non verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with professional credibility
• Positive attitude to change with a proven ability to assist senior staff in the implementation of change and practice development.
• Microsoft Office PC and Sema Pas skills.
• Awareness of professional and personal limitations.
• Ability to act as a positive role model to other members of the team.
• Strong team worker.
• Flexible and adaptable in approach.
• Participate in On Call rota for Theatre posts.
Ability to travel to both Trust sites to attend relevant meetings etc.
Ability to work across site to support sessional activity (Endoscopy only).
To deputise for the ward/ department manager in his / her absence, driving forward evidence based practice and taking responsibility for the supervision of staff and the policies and practices that operate within their clinical area.
To work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
To participate in the on-call rota if post within theatres
Management and Leadership
1. In conjunction with the ward/ department manager be responsible for the day to day supervision of their ward/ department/team, effectively motivating, and directing staff to ensure that time and resources are managed through effective teamwork.
12. To contribute to and influence the total patient experience and journey through collaborative working and effective communications with all members of the multi disciplinary team throughout the hospital.
13. To assist in the formulation, and review of clinical policies and procedures in their own ward/ department . To ensure trust wide agreed polices within area of responsibility are adhered to.
14. In the absence of the ward/ department manager be a point of contact by ensuring that they are a visible, accessible and assertive figure to whom patients, relatives and staff can turn for assistance, advice and support.
15. To act as a role model for other junior staff .
16. To support the ward/ department manager to assist PALS staff in helping to resolve the concerns of patients and their families as quickly as possible.
17. To ensure that high standards of cleanliness, tidiness and décor are maintained in their designated area. To ensure PEAT standards are adhered to.
18. To work with external agencies in particular Social Services, and community nursing and domiciliary therapy services.
19. To support the ward/ department managers in the process of change demonstrating professionalism and integrity.
20. To contribute towards the development, production and implementation of the wards/ departments objectives, in line with agreed service and financial objectives.
Patient Care -Charge Nurse job description
1. To practise clinically, co-ordinating and supervising nursing / theatre practice. Ensuring that all patients have their needs assessed, that programmes of care are developed to meet these needs and are delivered in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
2. To be a competent practitioner, leading innovation and demonstrating clinical expertise. The postholder act as a resource and advisor in their area of expertise to colleagues in other wards and departments throughout the Trust
3. To deliver all aspect of care relative to their patient group .
4. To assist the implementation and delivery of the Essence of Care standards
5. To ensure the use of approved manual handling techniques in delivery patient care using procedures taught by the manual handling team, including the safe use of mechanical and non-mechanical manual handling aids.
6. To monitor and assist in the review of clinical standards and practice within their clinical area, with particular attention paid to the drive for evidence-based practice.
7. To be aware of the nursing performance indicators and support the Ward/ Department Manager in implementing the action plans to address areas for improvement.
Communication and Relationships-Charge Nurse job description
1. To ensure that all team members report changes in patient progress effectively, both verbally and in written form. Ensure that accurate, legible and holistic nursing records according to NMC /or HPC guidelines and unit guidance are maintained.
2. Where appropriate interpret and present clinical information to patients and their relatives, demonstrating highest levels of interpersonal and communication skills ensure that patients and their carers have sufficient relevant verbal and written information during the patient’s stay.
3. To actively support staff working with highly distressing / highly emotional levels of illness.
4. To respond appropriately to ineffective communication techniques and styles used by staff, . Supporting the Ward/ department Manager on first line performance management action in the event of continued issues. To undertake basic ward based training for junior staff in relation to communication strategies.
5. To demonstrate sensitivity in dealing with complex and confidential information from patients, families and colleagues, giving advice and support when necessary. Respond appropriately to the information given.
6. In conjunction with the Ward/ department Manager develop appropriate written and verbal patient information processes and systems
7. Will actively contribute towards Ward / departmental meetings.
8. To ensure that information / decisions are cascaded appropriately to junior staff using tools forums and communication strategies as identified by the ward/ department manager.
9. In conjunction with the ward/ department Manager maintain collaborative working relationships and effective communications between all members of the multidisciplinary team, resolving conflict and working within the team to ensure a high standard of co-ordinated patient care
Education, Professional Development and Training -Charge Nurse job description
1. To take every reasonable opportunity for maintaining, developing and acquiring competencies and skills for self development.
2. To support the implementation of an effective appraisal system, ensuring that all staff has set objectives that identify and support individual development and training needs.
3. To participate in the supervision, training and effective mentorship of junior staff, student nurses and Health Care Assistants .
4. In conjunction with the Ward/ department manager identify the training and educational needs for all staff, contributing to the development and provision of the yearly training plan and educational training programmes and opportunities.
5. To participate in informal and formal training sessions for their staff, delivering orientation programmes for new staff and provide relevant feedback to all members of the team.
6. To support the Ward/ Department Manager in ensuring that all team members attend Mandatory training sessions.
Research and Audit
1. Together with the Ward/Department Manager develop standards of care and participate in ongoing research, audit and projects.
2. To promote and disseminate relevant research findings to support clinical practice and education within the department.
3. To participate in developing systems for assessing the users views on the quality of services provided and for involving patients relatives and their representatives in the planning and development of services.
Human Resources-Charge Nurse job description
1. To ensure that all local and national HR policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to and report any failure to do so appropriately.
2. To assist the Ward/ Department Manager in the management of staff within their ward / department including specific induction, recruitment and selection, deployment, training, performance management , sickness/ absence and appraisals .
3. Assists the Ward/ Department Manager in planning off duty rotas to ensure appropriate staffing levels and skill mix to meet patient needs.
4. To work with the Ward/ Department Manager on the appointment of nursing staff for their designated clinical area.
Use of information
1. To ensure that staff maintain and update PAS to support patient care.
2. To be conversant in the use of electronic communication systems, personal computer systems, normal office equipment and Trust PAS system.