Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
Free job description Chef Manager
Responsibility for ensuring value for money within the constraints of a strict financial planning regime. The provision, development and operation of all the catering services to the highest quality obtainable. Responsibility for ensuring that the department is fully compliant with all relevant food hygiene and health and safety regulations. The role is also accountable for managing a budget and the management and motivation of all catering staff.
•To ensure effective day to day line management of the catering staff and the setting of and maintaining of professional standards across the catering services offered.
•Listen to customer comments politely and ensure follow up action is taken when necessary.
•To be friendly, pleasant and polite to work colleagues.
•To consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of all food production.
• Conduct appraisals for all catering staff
• Management of catering staff and fulfilment of their training and personal development requirements.
• To understand and work towards the implementation of the company values.
• To ensure all kitchen staff use safe methods of work and that no unauthorised person cleans or operates certain specified equipment.
• To conform to all company policies and procedures.
• To take individual responsibility to support and pursue the company Values by taking an active and demonstrable part in the promotion of the values within the team
• To be responsible for the security of the catering premises and equipment, and ensure all cash procedures are in line with company policy.
• To ensure that all food produced complies with current legislation and all supporting records are maintained.
• To negotiate with external suppliers for goods and services, agreeing payment and supplies ensuring optimum value for money is achieved.
• Responsibility for the organisation and delivery of all hospitality requirements including conferencing.
• To complete daily, weekly and monthly cash procedures accurately and efficiently
• Extensive experience as a Head Chef or Chef Manager
• Ability to provide leadership and development in a catering environment.
• Qualified to a minimum of City & Guilds 706/2 or NVQ Level 3.
• Good working knowledge of food costings and gross profit calculations.
• Excellent team working skills
• Ability to deal with members of staff discreetly and courteously.
• A wide and varied knowledge of the catering Industry.
• Holder of Level 3 or 4 Awards in Food Safety
• Proven experience of managing staff and providing leadership
• Experience of working to fixed budgets
• Demonstrate innovation and strategic direction in food planning and menu development.
• To plan and cost menus and then subsequently order all necessary foodstuffs avoiding unnecessary waste and deterioration of food.
• To control expenditure on materials, labour and equipment to maintain the department budget inline with agreed targets.
• Responsible for ensuring that all the department is fully compliant with all relevant food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
• To accurately complete records.
• To prepare cook and present food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment.