Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
• To provide visionary leadership; leading the Strategic development of the organisation in line with the vision and aims agreed
• To ensure the effective operational management of the organisation in all respects, including the management of all resources.
• To ensure the delivery of activities.
• To support and advise the Board of Trustees.
Business Manager job description
Chief Executive Officer Job Description
• To play a lead role in advising the Trustees on vision, strategy, policy, resources, and organisational structure
• To ensure that Trustees are given sufficient information and guidance to enable the Board to fulfil its function and legal responsibilities
• To exercise overall responsibility for financial planning, management, and control.
• To ensure that appropriate systems and structures are in place for to meet its short and medium-term commitments and objectives.
• To provide appropriate leadership and management of staff and volunteers
• To determine stance on issues of public policy, co-ordinate its response, and represent its views in the outside world
Vision and Strategy
• To remain fully informed of developments in local and national policy and strategy relating to all the services provided by .
• To actively support, advise and guide the Trustees in their setting of long-term strategic plans and objectives.
• To develop and regularly review medium and long-term strategies and objectives, in association with the Trustees.
• To develop short- and medium-term strategic plans, and ensure that these are regularly reported to the Trustees.
• To identify any problems in achieving plans and objectives, and develop methods of minimising any associated risks or loss.
• To ensure the ongoing monitoring, evaluation and review of all services and activities, involving the Board of Trustees, staff, volunteers and service users.
• To lead the management team and to direct, co-ordinate, and performance manage the work of the Assistant Directors and other posts as appropriate.
• To ensure that the work of staff reporting indirectly is appropriately directed and performance managed.
• To ensure policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of all staff and volunteers.
• To ensure effective systems are in place for recruiting, managing, training, and developing staff and volunteers.
• To ensure that meets its legal and statutory obligations to staff and volunteers and strives at all times to follow best practice as an employer.
Financial Management and Revenue Generation
• To ensure the effective management of budget and ensure the probity of the organisation’s finances.
• To oversee the preparation of the annual budget for the agreement of the Board of Trustees.
• To oversee the maintenance of financial records and ensure regular management accounts are produced in order to monitor and control expenditure and cash flow.
• To ensure the annual accounts are prepared for the annual audit.
• To ensure that has an adequate funding strategy, monitor its success on an ongoing basis, and report any shortfalls promptly to the Trustees.
• To ensure that the financial information given in applications for grant funding is adequate and accurate.
• To ensure that meets its funders’ requirements on monitoring, reviewing, and reporting of funds used.
Programme Development and Service Provision
• To ensure that develops and delivers a programme of activities and services that is in line with its strategic plan.
• To ensure that all services and activities are monitored and reviewed on a regular basis, looking at overall effectiveness, best use of resources, and contribution to meeting overall objectives, in addition to specific funders’ evaluation criteria.
• To be active in identifying new opportunities, ensure that they are appropriately researched and fully costed, and explore revenue options to realise them.
• Ensure achievement of Quality Standards (eg: PQASSO)
External Relationships / Representing
• To raise awareness of work and gain support with organisations, institutions, companies and statutory bodies whose work is relevant to field of operations.
• To represent on key local, regional and national bodies to further the interests of the organisation, young people and voluntary and community sector services for children and young people.
• To develop and encourage partnership and multidisciplinary working in line with national and local strategic policy.
• To act as the chief spokesperson and ensure the effective management of media profile.
• To foster good working relations with current and future funders.
• To ensure that all policy recommendations, representations to government bodies, public statements and responses made on behalf are in line with governing document and accurately represent views.
• To facilitate meetings of the Board of Trustees.
• To report quarterly to the Trustees on activities and financial position, and to prepare other reports, reviews, and position papers as required by the Trustees.
• To ensure that the Chair and the Board of Trustees are appropriately informed and supported to make decisions, develop policy and provide direction.
• To ensure that complies in all its roles and activities with all relevant legislation, including that applicable to Charities and to Companies.
• To uphold the commitment of the service to the provision of equal opportunities in all aspects of its work.
• To complete an annual appraisal and review of the job description with the Chair or delegated Trustee.
• To prepare the annual report for the AGM.
• To keep abreast of related external developments.
• To undertake the duties of Company Secretary to the limited company.
• To act always in best interests.
• To undertake any other duties which the Chair or, through him/her the Trustees, may from time to time require.