Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
• To assist in the provision of an efficient and effective clinical coding service within the Organisation.
• Promote the role of the Clinical Coding Department in a positive manner, with both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring new developments and initiatives are communicated to members of the Clinical Coding Department and senior management where appropriate.
• To have a proactive and positive approach in working with consultants and clinicians to ensure that sufficiently coded information is clearly provided in case notes to enable high levels of data quality
Free job description Clinical Coding Auditor
• Assisting other coders with complex queries, where these issues cannot be resolved locally, by coordinating referrals to both Connecting for Health and Local Terminology leads for guidance and resolution, feeding back outcomes to other coders.
• Liaising and working in conjunction with the Clinical Coding Business Manager to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Coordinating local clinical coding policies for inclusion in the ‘Clinical Coding policy and procedure’ document, and ensuring that said policies have clinical/professional agreement and do not contravene National Clinical Coding standards.
• Support and maintain the implement of the Organisation’s clinical coding procedure document.
• To liaise with Connecting for Health for clarification of national standards, updating the coding team accordingly and ensuring that these national standards and any local policies are effectively implemented.
To ensure that own levels of understanding and compliance with local policies and National Coding standards are maintained at the highest levels and that these standards of practice are promoted throughout the Organisation through:-
• Attending local and approved training courses as and when required and maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and the Organisation.
• Participate with other ORGANISATION contacts and Local groups.
• Providing cover for other staff during holidays, sickness etc.
• To undertake general coding as and when required.
• To travel and participate in external training courses as and when required
• Any other duties that may become necessary in relation to the post
• Accredited Clinical Coder Qualitfiaction
• Connecting for Health Clinical Coding Audit Examination
• Report Writing Skills
• Previous experience and good knowledage in coding
• Sound knowledge of Payment by Results, Health Care Resource Groups & any other relevant sub groups
• Up to date knowledge of Connecting for Health National Standards and all training requirements
• Excellent communication skills
• Managing people, leadership and motivation and to support others in overcoming barriers to understanding
• Ability to work independnetly or as part of a team
• Methodical, logical and calm
• Approachable, confident, assertive and hard working
• Problem solving skills
• Analytical and organised and an ability to interpret complex information and to use own judgement in finanlising reports
• Numeracy and accuracey
• Experience of presenting highly complex information to audiencies with varied levels of understanding
• Networking: -being able to work within the Organisation anf with other non – ORGANISATION organsiation with credability
• Minimum of four years experince of coding within an Acute Organisation
• Evidence of audit experince and written reports
• Supervisory and or mentoring experience
• Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Evidence of good working relationships within a team
To assist the Organisation’s Audit manager by undertaking regular complex audits of clinically coded data, as prescribed in the policy and procedure document, to critically examine clinical information and prepare reports on findings for Business Managers/Clinical directors, involving:-
• Particular focus on audit of trauma and orthopaedic speciality and ability to undertake audit of complex and detailed T&O case notes against national coding standards and ability to indentify where improvement can be made in clinical coding accuracy and optimisation of Organisation income.
• Undertake audits of all other specialities as required by the Organisation Audit Manager.
• Professional presentation of information to managers and clinicians that may be of a contentious nature and/or critical of practices within the Specialty.
• Using high levels of diplomacy and persuasion when communicating with clinicians, managers and administrative staff in order to engage their interest and promote greater understanding of Clinical Coding aims and acquire their cooperation in reaching the required standards.
• Negotiating and agreeing changes to working practices within Specialties in order to obtain higher standards of coding accuracy.
• Ensuring that inaccurate or incomplete episode data is reported to the relevant manager or clinician for correction or amendment.
• Working with other Clinical Coders to follow up audit findings and improve coding standards.
• To support and participate in the Organisations annual external Payment by Results audit
Ensure the maintenance of high quality coding in order to comply with national standards and the requirements of financial flows by:-
•To be responsible to assist in the development, undertaking and maintenance of a long term comprehensive, clinical coding audit programme for inpatient and outpatient activity, as instructed the Organisation’s Clinical Coding Audit Manager.
• To develop and Implement policies to support the clinical coding audit function
• Identify training needs through the audit programme of work and liaise with the clinical coding training manager and audit manager to provide the necessary training identified
• To undertake clinical coding during monthly Organisation coding deadlines as set by commissioners.