Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
Free job description Commercial Finance Manager
The particular focus of this role is to work with and assist in the financial and commercial planning of the Online Leadership Team in the evaluation of emerging business development initiatives, investments and major operational changes to ensure alignment with the financial plan and strategic intent for the company.
• Help co-ordinate the annual strategic planning process as required. This may encompass industry and market trends and analysis, SWOT analysis, scenario analysis and planning, budgeting and forecasting, strawman development and sensitivity analysis.
•Work proactively with key business partners to identify opportunities and to drive transformational business growth initiatives, which deliver customer and shareholder value and meet targets as agreed with company’s board of directors.
• Provide financial and commercial evaluation of new business initiatives/projects put forward across the business utilising agreed methodologies for determining appropriateness to proceed, including: analysis, business case development, assessment of options, financial modelling, project costing and reporting, taxation analysis and financial reporting requirements for new initiatives/projects
Risk Analysis and Mitigation
• Facilitate risk management process and mitigation activity through appropriate trend analysis and impact modelling on company business operations, initiatives, projects, strategic goals and objectives.
• Brief key stakeholders on the potential impact of key risks and work with stakeholders to develop mitigation strategies for identified business and commercial risks.
Corporate Analysis & Reporting
• Maintain a company scorecard that monitors agreed strategic KPI’s and key reporting criteria in the areas of sales, profitability, productivity and ROI, including benchmarks for comparison
• Provide Commercial advisory support in relation to business-as-usual operations of allocated business units
• Work with key managers to identify improvement opportunities arising from the KPI performance
• Work with Finance team and Business Unit Managers to ensure the effective reporting of projects and BAU operations associated with new initiatives
Sales, Marketing & Distribution Support
• Involvement in the establishment of commercial targets for the Sales & Marketing Departments
• Involvement in the Budget, Forecasts and performance measurement of the London Office as a whole
• Involvement in the Statutory Reporting for the London Office
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated business acumen and the drive to achieve unprecedented financial performance and sustainable business growth. The successful candidate will have previous experience in the evaluation of new business initiatives and the development of business cases to clearly articulate the benefits of identified opportunities or projects.
• Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, Marketing or related discipline; or an MBA
• A good understanding of technology and how it can be used within new business models.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and work within a multi-discipline team with shared purpose.
• Advanced expertise in a variety of the fields concepts, practices and procedures.
• A high degree of proactivity, creativity and latitude is expected.
• Posses advanced analytical, evaluative and objective critical thinking skills.
• Ability to rigorously test assumptions and plans to minimise risk.
The Commercial Finance Manager will be part of the team that drives the Online business forward and provides the day-to-day reporting of the financial and strategic KPI’s as well as being accountable for the development and implementation of the business case methodology that will be used across the Online organisation.
There will also be a requirement to have an oversight of the finance functions supporting the Sales, Marketing and Distribution teams of the London Office. As a key role in the London business, this role will be pivotal and is expected to contribute proactively to the day-to-day management of the business as well as the business improvement strategy.
Definition and Management of Online KPIs
• Work with the Managing Director and Financial Director for Online & EMEA to define the weekly and monthly reports from which the Online Management Team manages the business on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Use the resulting reports/ dashboards to steer debate and action from the Online Management team on a weekly and monthly basis.
• Liaise with the Financial Director, Online to ensure that accounting practices are aligned with what is necessary for company operating in the UK whilst reporting to Australia.
Business Planning & Development
• Evaluate and test business plans to ensure growth and profitability and make adjustment recommendations as necessary.