Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
1. To provide an effective service by answering emergency and high priority telephone calls, as efficiently and quickly as possible.
2. To obtain and record accurate information, assess the level of police response required and initiate appropriate action promptly.
3. In all cases where police action is not required, to provide appropriate advice and guidance to the caller
4. To provide support to other members of the MPS and other agencies e.g. London Fire and Civil Defence Association and London Ambulance Service operating within the Metropolitan Police District, by proper dissemination of accurateinformation.
5. To deal with callers in a calm, courteous and professional manner, exercising firmness when necessary in order to obtain essential details.
1. Answer emergency calls from all sources, including public, police and other agencies.
2. Question callers to promptly obtain essential details of incidents and enquiries.
3. Using the information obtained, create a message using a computerised message format.
4. Use the information given by the caller to correctly decide the nature of the call and allocate the correct `type code`.
5. By reference to the SOPs Standard Operating Procedures, MPS and other guidelines, exercise discretion to decide the appropriate police response.
6. Ensure that personal knowledge of operational procedures, legislation, MPS policy; branch policy and contingency plans are kept up to date.
7. Prepare written statements and give evidence at court when required, in relation to action taken in relation to telephone calls received and messages created.
1. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to provide high quality customer service.
3. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
4. Ability to show resilience under pressure.
5. Effective problem solver.
6. Be able to demonstrate an understanding of community focus.
7. Be able to type 16 words per minute.
8. Basic Microsoft Office skills.
Experience of working within a call-handling environment.
Communications Officer job description [cont]
Communications Officer job description
8. Maintain a full level of service in the event of a computer system failure by recording messages in paper format.
Communications Manager job description
# To undertake other communications duties as directed by line managers.
# Answer all incoming Central Station Alarm Company calls as efficiently and effectively as possible.
# When a call is received from a Central Station Alarm Company, enters the unique reference number (URN) obtained form the caller onto a computer message, checks the address generated against that given, checks for any special schemes, address comments or possible duplicates and act on anyinformation given accordingly.
# Any alarms relating to diplomatic premises are passed to Diplomatic Protection Group (DPG) and to the Supervisor Information Room (SI).
# Brings to the attention of a Supervisor all matters requiring his or her attention