Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
`Christmas is a pain in the arse`
Fun Christmas song by
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Contracts Manager job description
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a corporate database of all contracts, concession agreements and service level agreements owned by the company.
* provide management reports to ensure that their Service Level Agreements and Contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
* responsible for the management and renewal of Supplies Contracts.
* responsible for the implementation and management of an e-tendering system and savings database.
- responsible for the management of a corporate database of all contracts, concession agreements and service level agreements.
-responsible for the management and renewal of revenue contracts
- able to authorise Purchase Order transactions, in accordance with the Scheme of Delegation
- responsible for the management of the Assistant Contracts Manager
KEY RESULTS AREAS (Including Responsibilities and Authority)
1. To implement and maintain a corporate contracts database using the Contracts Management Information System.
2. To validate the integrity of all information entered to the Management Information System, and ensure that Coding Structures, nomenclature conventions and contract valuation rules are applied consistently.
Knowledge and Experience
Have a minimum of 4 years experience in procurement
Have experience of drafting specifications and producing tender/quotation documents
Have an understanding of Contract Law
Have a minimum of 2 years experience in the management of staff
Have experience of in using computerised Supplies Information Systems.
Have experience of using Microsoft Office Applications.
Understanding of the need for Confidentiality
Awareness of Health & Safety Qualifications
Knowledge of professional purchasing principles obtained through possession of, or substantial progress towards Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply or an equivalent.
Have a good standard of general education with 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above, including English and Mathematics.
Ability to negotiate the resolution of highly complex procurement issues
Possess good negotiation and influencing skills
Computer Literate with Microsoft Applications
Ability to plan and prioritise workload
A self starter able to generate own workload
Confident and diplomatic communication skills
Good analytical and problem solving skills
Assertive and resilient
3. To provide stakeholders with Management reports to enable them to manage their portfolio of Service Level Agreements and Contracts.
4. To manage the renewal of supplies contracts in a timely fashion by producing an annual contracting timetable.
5. To ensure that all contracting activity is carried out in accordance with Standing Financial Instructions, Standing Orders,
6. To translate customer procurement requirements into generic specifications suitable for competitive tendering and quotation purposes.
7. To ensure tender and quote responses are robustly evaluated against a range of financial and non financial criteria.
8. To evaluate potential suppliers against a range of financial, statutory, capacity/quality criteria before shortlisting them to receive the offer documentation.
9. To use the Supplies and Finance Information to generate Management reports on product consumption, expenditure and identify opportunities to manage controlled and uncontrolled opportunities more effectively.
10. To monitor the performance of contracts and contractors against specification standards and ensure that any issues of contract non compliance or contract drift are identified and resolved.
11. To represent the Supplies Department at contract development and evaluation meetings.
12. To develop risk registers for the management of strategic contracts, and generate Key Performance Indicators against which contractor performance can be assessed.
13. To participate in the recruitment, induction, appraisal and development of Supplies Staff.
14. To contribute to the cost improvement plan, by delivering savings and to record the details on the Department’s savings database.
15. To resolve complex problems through direct negotiation with Suppliers and Key Stakeholders.
16. To debrief suppliers on their unsuccessful bids identifying strengths and weaknesses against a range of financial and non financial criteria.
17. To take a lead on the procurement of goods for high value commodity areas
18. To advise and support the buying office team
19. To have an involvement in the development of the purchasing system
20. To analyse Suppliers Terms and Conditions of Contract and ensure that any areas of risk to the Infection`s are identified, and via discussion with suppliers to seek to mitigate contractual risks.