Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
To provide support to senior managers, Safety advisors, staff, service partners, and property managers, in delivering professional security advice, support and risk assessments. To take direct responsibility and accountability for managing the National Security Contractor and suppliers to ensure that standards of security, quality, time and cost are achieved and maintained and will act as the advisor for company Safety at each facility as well as championing change and new ways of working across sites.
1. Must have experience of working as a Counter Terrorism Security Adviser (gained in one or more of the following: a UK police force; the military; or proven experience in the security industry.
2. Must have extensive experience in security assessing risks and preparing
security risk assessments
3. Considerable investigative experience at Senior Investigator Level, preferably in a Police Force, other law enforcement agency or a corporate security team.
4. A good working knowledge of criminal and civil law
5. A good working knowledge of the law as it applies to the use of covert surveillance in criminal investigations especially in the commercial environment.
6. An up to date knowledge of relevant recent criminal legislation
7. Ability to prioritise tasks and deal with business critical issues as well as conflicting demands
8. You will also possess the necessary skills to manage internal stakeholders and liaise with external contacts to develop collaborative relationship.
The Corporate Security Manager will have substantial experience in a UK Police Force or military.
He/she will have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of security risk assessment.
A thorough, knowledge of current criminal and civil law as it affects security in a corporate organisation.
He/she will have highly developed interpersonal skills. That will include the ability to establish effective working relationships with people from a wide range of professional and social backgrounds.
Will have very effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to:
Write clear, concise and accurate reports and other appropriate documentation. Describe, explain and discuss complex security matters and situations in a clear, concise and readily understood manner.
He/she will be computer literate in Microsoft Office products and e mail based products.
Will have a flexible approach to work and able to demonstrate the ability to plan and prioritise workload Is prepared to work flexibly, if necessary outside normal working hours or during weekends or holidays as operations require.
Free Job description Information Corporate Security Manager
· Auditing and advising on security arrangements across the property estate, identifying necessary improvements, and assisting in the development of security action plans.
· The day to day management of the National Security Contract which is devolved to Cluster Security Managers and Site Security Managers who are empowered to deliver effective
and responsive security services through devolved authority, accountability and control
· Advising managers and staff akers on all aspects of security risk.
· Working towards the reduction of loss or injury to the comapny and its employees.
· Providing security advice and personal security safety measures to staff.
· Gathering security intelligence through liaison with Police, & other sources.
· Carrying out risk assessments into all areas of Security and Investigations.
· Conduct Investigations as and when directed into internal and external matters
· Formulation of the Security Policy and associated Codes of Practice.
Principal Accountabilities & Responsibilities.
· As part of a team, the protection of staff and assets against the threat from terrorism, theft and all forms of criminal activity.
· Advising on security arrangements across the property estate against security policies, especially to protect against the threat from terrorism, demonstrations, theft, stalking, damage and assault.
· Identifying necessary security improvements, and assisting or leading the development of security action plans for the property estate,
· Actively supporting security projects as a project-team member, and ensuring that security performance is adequately monitored.
· Providing a security advice and risk assessment process to programme makers and contributors, ensuring the establishment of appropriate security equipment sourcing and maintenance procedures.
· Liaison with police forces and government agencies to ensure that the comwany has the most up to date information about possible security risks to the organisation, property, programmes and individuals.
· Liaison with security management and teams who operate on the estate, or in close proximity to the estate to ensure that Corporate Security interests are articulated and managed between organisations and companies.
· As directed, carry out compliance audits against security policy at frequencies based on baseline security risk assessments.
· To provide appropriate technical assistance to security improvement projects as directed.
· To keep abreast of security products improvement and development. To pass that information to the company and its managers through a process of recommendation
based on risk.
· Act as a centre of expertise on technical security and provide advice both proactively and as reasonably requested.
· To carry out personal security risk assessments as directed, and to advise staff on personal security measures.
Interview witnesses and suspects (whether staff, contractors or members of the public etc.), in accordance with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and, where appropriate, Disciplinary Procedures.
· Prepare investigation reports and case files ensuring effective management of evidential exhibits, including electronically recorded material.
· Engage in proactive and reactive use of investigative tools, in accordance with Security Policy for the identification of offenders and prevention of crime including the use of covert surveillance techniques
You will also have budget responsibility; monitoring the operating costs for each site. You will ensure that the service partner delivers to the highest standards, fulfils all contractual
obligations and is perceived by the stakeholders as always acting in the company best interest.
· To provide investigative support to Investigations Department regarding
· The loss, suspected theft or criminal damage of comapny or private property from any premises or location.
· Fraud and misuse of systems and facilities
· Stalking, harassment and malicious communication directed at staff
· Other incidents which may lead to disciplinary or civil proceedings
Additional Responsibilities in respect of the National Security Contract
· Be accountable for the service provider delivering an estates service to each site, ensuring that there is effective liaison between the site and the FM Service Provider.
· Resolving, where practical, site-level security issues. Through the Security Provider and/or site-level representatives and end-users, escalating issues if necessary.
· Interfacing with other stakeholders as necessary on all site security matters
Identifying Security Requirements
· In conjunction with end-users, the FM, Security Provider and the Management Team, identify short medium and long term security requirements and changes.
· Review requests and proposals, and instigate proposals for maintaining and improving the security regime.
· Agreeing the scope of any works ensuring that objectives can be achieved within the relevant parameters, taking into account all types of Risk (including Safety,
Budgetary and Financial Control
· Responsibility for the management of operating costs in your area and where appropriate approval of expenditure from your
· Ensuring that site budgets are robustly monitored and unusual or unexpected expenditure is scrutinized and investigated, highlighting anomalies to the Head of CS & I.
· Ensuring that the Security Provider delivers value for money, including identifying any areas where savings can be achieved
· Responsibility for ensuring that all Security services are delivered to the estate in line with the contract specification and Service Level Agreements
· Working collaboratively with stakeholders on your sites and the Security Provider to advocate new ways of working to ensure that services are delivered effectively
· Ensuring that the services are delivered in a way that achieves value for money
· Undertake reviews of services provided to each site to ensure that the services are being delivered as detailed in the contract specification, addressing performance issues or escalating where necessary. This should include spot checks and audits of
individual service lines and associated expenditure
· Chairing the monthly review meetings with the Security Providers Representatives to address any service issues, complaints, resolutions and actions plans and managing and influencing successful outcomes