Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
The Creative Director will work to develop the established visual identity of the magazine and all associated products and platforms. The Creative Director will be instrumental in the continued development of Magazine working with the Editor in Chief to develop the product on a truly global scale across platforms and in all territories. The Creative director will be responsible for the whole Art team and will be instrumental in the management and development of that team. The Creative Director will also be responsible for commissioning and briefing all photographers and illustrators and will be tasked with ensuring delivery of the highest quality materials. The Creative Director will be responsible for ensuring that the magazine and associated products are delivered to the highest standard within budget
Creative Director job description
Visual Identity and Standard of Design
• Responsible for the design and visual identity of magazine plus other linked projects.
• Creative input into new ideas and projects, especially visual identity.
• Collaborate on arrangement of the flat plan of magazine and related titles where appropriate.
• Oversee quality of design and pictures on all products.
• Define and agree design and production standards on related projects.
• Encourage the pursuit of excellence in the design of magazine and related projects and products.
• Advise and recommend on the use of freelance designers, photographers and illustrators for brand, including setting policy where appropriate.
• Develop and monitor the house style for use of and magazine logos, maintaining visual identity and consistency across the brand.
• Responsible for liaising with editors, designers and all departments of brand as necessary.
• Contribute to conception and development of creative ideas for magazine and brand projects
• Oversee the modification and development of design for existing and new titles and platforms when necessary to include iPad.
• Investigate new technology and new possibilities
• Recruitment and employment of the magazine design team.
• Employment of freelance staff within the art department of magazine and on other projects where appropriate.
• Supervision and appraisal of design team, identifying and implementing staff training needs.
• Promote the ongoing motivation and development of the magazine design team.
Control of Budget, Print and Production values
• To monitor, in consultation with the relevant production department, the quality of print and reproduction on magazine and related projects.
• To check that art costs on magazine are kept within agreed budgets.
• To aid more cost effective and efficient use of design and picture resources across the brand.
• To comply with all relevant safety rules, procedures and guidelines and to be aware of responsibilities under the W safety policy.
• To comply with policies on Diversity and to apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Significant experience of heading or leading an editorial design department of a national consumer magazine
• Experience of designing and developing a product to the highest standard
• Experience of commissioning and managing world class photographic talent
• A passion and understanding of the brand
• A passion, understanding and love of the subject matter would be advantageous
• Experience of working with and developing international/partner editions
• Experienced in managing and developing design teams and commissioning design projects.
• Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate design concepts, negotiate internally and externally and advise and promote design policy.
• The ability to protect and incorporate visual identity and design values into commercial proposals and business processes.