Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of real job descriptions for use in writing jd`s, recruitment and job search.
Credit Controller Job description
The role of Credit Controller is to ensure that all operational financial services are carried out in an effective, timely and properly controlled manner. The post holder has particular responsibility for collecting outstanding debts, answering queries, recording monies received and liaising with the debt collection agency.
i) Receives and checks credit card receipts, records money received electronically, receives cheques and cash from s attending in person or sent by mail. Responsible for ensuring cash is kept securely until paid into bank;
ii) Arranges refund cheques when required;
iii) Undertakes the initial steps of the debt recovery process for outstanding amounts owed to the The Organisation following the approved policy and timetable;
iv) Initiates investigation regarding apparent errors or discrepancies;
v) Deals with telephone and written queries from s;
vi) Follows up queries and issues corrective journals where required;
vii) Maintains debt recovery records according to financial procedures agreed by the Financial Controller;
viii) Recommends accounts to be handed over to debt collection agency and follows up on those accounts;
ix) Advising on and assisting with the implementation of new procedures and updating procedure notes;
x) Provides ad hoc spreadsheet reports for debtor analysis as required.
General Office Duties:
i) Assists with general administrative duties within Financial Accounts team.
Qualifications and experience:
1. Experience of working in accounts and using basic accounting practices, such as finance coding structures, petty cash, VAT, balancing and reconciling accounts/ledgers.
2. At least 2 years’ experience of credit control and handling customer queries.
Skills and knowledge:
3. Ability to draft letters/emails to clients and internal customers
4. Confident oral communication skills, including good telephone manner, and ability to explain financial issues to non-finance staff and clients
5. Ability to handle difficult situations regarding non-payment or errors with debtors or suppliers
6. Ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines
7. Experience of using Microsoft applications Word and Excel, good keyboard skills essential
8. Knowledge of Sun Accounts or other accounting software
9. Excellent organisational skills
Any other duties as required, these will include covering for the work of other staff in the section: dealing with creditor enquiries, payroll deductions etc, assisting with the induction and training of new staff or temporary staff.