Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it whether interested in HR or not!"
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Data Center Technician
* Responsible for complex operations, data processing hardware installation projects, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical systems and components to support complex data center infrastructure.
* Collaborates with Leadership, Project Managers, Customers and Strategic Partners.
* Support leaders in developing and implementing policy, standards, and procedures.
* AAS, Vocational, Trade School education or equivalent in associated infrastructure discipline. e.g. electrical, electronics, mechanical, data processing hardware, telecommunications and or networks.
* Equipment Manufacturers Factory or Site Specific Training Certification.
* Demonstrated experience in Tier III-IV data center environments or equivalent.
* Sr DCI Technician or equivalent.
* Knowledge of infrastructure or data processing based systems and equipment with proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite desktop applications. Ability to trend, graph, chart and compile data into technical presentations.
* Demonstrated ability to communicate; oral and written.
* Ability to perform advanced level forensics, troubleshooting, and performance testing in associated infrastructure discipline. Cross train, mentor technicians and peers in relevant skills to support department succession planning.
* Ability to comprehend industry terminology, trends, and best practices related to the physical layers of facility infrastructure and or data processing architecture.
* Ability to perform complex system configuration and architecture set-up, long range planning.
* SME analytical skills to understand, connect and use complex data capture, monitoring and recording equipment to analyze data quickly and make timely, effective decisions, provide technical recommendations to leadership and execute solutions.
* SME skills in equipment installations and cable terminations while working in close proximity to hazardous electrical voltages.
* SME knowledge of EIA/TIA cabling standards and best practices and ability to accurately perform cable testing / certification.
* Cross-train, mentor technicians and peers in relevant skills to support department succession planning.
* Create, edit, approve detailed installation, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
* Leverage expertise and experience to analyze various data center component and system configurations to optimize performance.
* Examine failures for trends and contributing factors, developing and or performing corrective actions independently. Identify root cause of failure, risk assessment and mitigation plans.
* Escalate data center availability risks to Data Center Infrastructure (DCI) leadership.
* Participate in 24X7 on-call rotation.
* Respond to network problems and/or inquiries identifying root cause and course of action communicating with SD Manager.
* Participate in hands on problem resolution as required to support internal/external customers.
* Create, manage and maintain documentation regarding raised floor hardware and cabling infrastructure.
* Perform initial assessments of project or service request dependencies on network/cabling infrastructure providing SD Manager with recommendations. Deliver agreed upon to customer
* Assist with workflow assignments in support of SD Manager.
* Interacts with all levels of site personnel, vendors, contractors and operations management.
* Addresses business priorities, new products or services, and advanced problem solving requiring sound judgment and quick action.
* External contact is often required with suppliers of technical equipment, equipment maintenance and contractor services. Contacts range from sales personnel to field technicians to engineers. These contacts are critical in maintaining current knowledge of product and services that benefit Technologies.
* Act as subject matter expert (SME) and provide internal and external groups with centralized systems support and consultation in alignment with agreed upon service level agreements (SLAs).
* Interact and communicate with leadership, peer groups and customers; understand data center terminology in order to accurately deliver on customer requirements.