Browse by first letter of the job description
Please help us to keep this site free by liking us on Facebook. Click on the Facebook logo and click `like`-thanks
"The database of free job descriptions"
"I couldn`t put it down from start to finish...Some of these stories are fascinating, some sad and some just downright funny. I thoroughly recommended it anyone whether interested in Human Resources or not!"
"A really funny and interesting read .... great insight into the wierd and wonderful world of HR ..."
"Amusing and informative. A recommended read for anyone interested in a career in Human Resources. "
"Entertaining reading and one that anyone in the field of HR will be vale to instantly relate too! "
If you want an HR text book this book is probably not for you. If you want a unique insight into some of the weird and wonderful true stories that happened during a twenty year career in Human Resources it is.
free-job-descriptions.com provides a free database of job descriptions. Whether you are writing a job description, need to better understand a job, or are thinking abut your career, free-job-descriptions.com is for you
Data Input Officer Job Description
The Data Inputting Officer plays a key role in supporting the team leader by freeing them of some of the large volume tasks (compare and validate), collection of monitoring data and production of management reports and provision of specific training. To achieve processing deadlines and quality standards.
1. To ensure compliance with data handling and processing protocols ensuring that all work personally undertaken meets agreed standards for time quality and accuracy and additionally when providing cover for the team leader ensure that these objectives are met at a team level.
2.Compare and validate data undertaking the identification of errors and investigating and resolving conflicts found to exist in the data protocols.
3. To input data collected to the Database or any other database/spreadsheet specified for the storage of data.
4. To assist the Data Inputting Team Leader with the monitoring of workflows and the quality and accuracy of the data inputting service which is required to ensure that agreed deadlines and quality standards are met.
5. To raise to the attention of the team leader any failing in service standards and assist the team leader in implementing actions to address such failings. This will include identifying and reporting problems found to exist within the software applications used by the Data Inputting Service.
1. Interpersonal skills required to work effectively as part of a team.
2. Ability to achieve hihg levels of accuracy with excellent attention to detail.
3. Flexible approach to tasks and working practices and ability to take responsibility for multiple tasks.
4. Ability to plan and organise workload in order to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
5. Ability to oversee the workload of team members to ensure work is prioritised and deadlines met.
6. Ability to adopt an enquiring approach and to be proactive in seeking advice and guidance when required.
7. Ability to communciate effectively by telephone, both in giving and receiving information.
Knowledge & Experience
8. Use and understanding of computerised information systems including databases.
9. Fast and accurate keyboard skills.
10. Good working knowledge of Word and Excel.
11. Experience of general administrative / clerical duties.
12. Supervisory experience gained in a team based environment.
10. To take personal responsibility for maintaining an up to date knowledge of the data sets collected, data definitions and coding systems in use.
11. In the absence of the Data Inputting Team Leader the post holder will take responsibility for supervising the work of the team to ensure that first level problems are resolved and that processing deadlines and quality standards continue to be met.
12. To make and receive telephone calls such that might be required for the business of the Authority primarily to resolve queries relating to data being processed.
13. To work with the team leader in the delivery of on the job training and development activities for existing and new team members including maintaining a record of training and assessing when competence is reached in key task areas.
14. To encourage and participate in the development of a positive and proactive relationship between the Authority and the Transplant Community and to demonstrate high personal and professional standards in undertaking the duties of the role.
15. Any other duties which may be required within the scope of the post.
6. Assist the Team Leader in ensuring that the team cover does not fall below agreed minimum levels, and that appropriate supervisory cover is available especially at the end of the day when adequate cover is required. This will entail providing supervisory cover in the team leader’s absence and on an ad hoc basis and participating in a rota at other times.
8. To prepare and distribute management information relating to the performance of the Data Inputting Service.
9. Take responsibility for developing a good knowledge of the electronic filing system such that you can take the lead in providing training in its use to staff in Data Services and act as a first point of call for reporting faults and providing advice on the use of the system. Additionally the post holder will occasionally be required to design and set up manual filing systems as required for use by the Data Inputting Service.